Job ID 21000K3F
Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Performing general office duties incorporating a variety of basic and routine clerical and secretarial duties in a clinical environment.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under direct/close supervision, performs a variety of basic and routine clerical and secretarial duties. These may include but are not limited to:
- Preparing and typing routine correspondence, form letters and reports
- Answering telephone & routing calls to the appropriate person,
- Greeting visitors and patients as applicable and conducting them to the appropriate location or person as needed.
- Setting up and maintaining filing systems and basic databases as applicable.
- Completing forms and reports as required by the various company offices and outside vendors and agencies.
- Recording the minutes of meetings and providing the resulting documents as necessary.
- Making copies of correspondence and other printed matter as required by manager.
- Preparing purchase orders using the appropriate software application.
- Assisting with department/facility accounts receivable and accounts payable functions and responsibilities as needed.
- Distributing incoming mail.
- Maintaining calendar and daily schedules.
- Scheduling appointments & arranging meetings.
- Maintaining inventory of the necessary office forms and supplies.
- Assisting with various basic personnel administrative functions as needed.
- Acting as backup to other clerical personnel in office as needed.
- Assists in the collection of Patient Statistical Profile and Continuous Quality Improvement Data.
- Assists with month-end reporting requirements
- Assists in auditing records for ongoing compliance with medical records standards.
Maintains accurate records of hospitalization, patient travel, etc. to facilitate coordination of patient scheduling, ancillary testing, etc.
- Prepares medical records for facsimile or mail related to travel, transplant, disability and others.
- Organizes travel for patients by contacting and providing requested medical records.
- Coordinates with transient patient paperwork.
- Coordinates transfer placements and confirmations along with Clinical Manager.
- Confirms admissions paperwork is completed and sent to designated department(s), such as billing, by collecting, faxing and scanning.
- Assist with medical appointment referrals and scheduling.
- Assist with transportation coordination and referrals.
- Ensures data entry has been completed for Crown Web. Related to ESRD 2728. ESRD 2746 and PART.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Day to day work includes desk and personal computer work and possible interaction with patients, facility staff and physicians. The position may require travel between assigned facilities and various locations within the community. The work environment may be characteristic of a health care facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases/materials
- High School Diploma required
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Minimum 6 months relevant experience without a degree – 0-6 months experience with an Associate degree or secretarial school.
- Experience working knowledge of computers with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint preferred. Good verbal communication skills.
- Pleasant telephone manner.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website