Job ID 20000DP8
Available Openings 1
Position Specific Information
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst provides high level support with ongoing systems development and business intelligence activities within the assigned function(s). The incumbent is responsible for providing general analytical support of diverse financial system projects.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilizes knowledge and expertise of solutions design and implementation to support divisional efforts to enhance Business Intelligence systems and processes by monitoring performance and migrating data from outside systems.
- Interfaces with business leaders and end-users from corporate departments and business areas to scope, design, implement and manage the project to deliver Business Intelligence (BI) solutions to the business.
- Builds the business intelligence layer to deliver reporting and analytical tools to finance and business management.
- Details the business requirements gathering process, requirements definition, and approval.
- Formulates highly detailed BI solutions which can be practically implemented.
- Creates, manages and documents detailed project plans used to drive successful project completion.
- Collaborates with business leaders and end-users to identify areas to leverage Business Intelligence.
- Identifies and implements solutions to enhance the existing BI infrastructure processes and technology.
- Requires close interaction with the business groups and technical teams throughout the company such as Finance, Accounting, Operations, and Information Technology.
- Creates documentation to assist SAP BW developers and business users in designing & effectively/efficiently utilizing the solutions developed.
- Creates and delivers training to corporate and division users on all BI applications (Business Objects, BW, IP, and BEx tools) as appropriate to the user level.
- Maintains appropriate documentation of verification of resolved queries as regulated per Sarbanes Oxley requirements to be transported into the BI production environment.
- Serves as a liaison between the FMS division and Corporate Information Systems (CIS) to manage the coordination of the configuration, the development of business processes, enhancements, and the stabilization of the SAP BI environment.
- Executes on all phases of implementation which include: planning, development, training, deployment, post-implementation support, and enhancement as it relates to SAP BI and business users.
- Researches and determines “Best Business Practices” to meet the goals and objectives of the business utilizing available operational and financial systems and company resources.
- Coordinates and verifies the updating of Navigation Attributes as they relate to Profit Centers in SAP BI environment utilizing FMS financial center personnel and available company resources.
- Responsible for delivering process improvements.
- Coordinates with the SAP Basis team and FMS Finance and Operations personnel regarding the assignment of data authorizations and SAP BI roles.
- Creates and maintains global variables, variants and structures for use in query design for FMS end users.
- Mentor other staff as applicable.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by a direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting or Finance. MBA or other advanced degree desirable but not required.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 5 – 8 years' experience in an analytical role preferably combining both finance and systems competency.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret complex data.
- Requires understanding of requirements definition, data acquisition processes, data modeling, process automation, escalation procedures, construction and deployment
- Requires understanding of interfaces with other business systems.
- Expertise using Microsoft Excel required, Microsoft certified preferred
- Experience with Business Objects suite of applications
- SAP BEx Certified.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Must be able to prioritize with the ability to work on numerous and multi-faceted projects at the same time.
- Excellent communications skills – verbal and written.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website