Job ID 20000HMQ
Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Utilizes wide ranging training and education knowledge and expertise in the dialysis industry to strategically guide and direct development of educational curricula with intent and purpose to deliver appropriate training to support Renal Therapies Group (RTG) employees. Maintains responsibility for directing development and training on appropriate curricula to support and drive business goals and initiatives. Provides direction and guidance to marketing teams with knowledge of clinical expertise and product knowledge.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide strategic, high level leadership of short- and long-term goals using thoughtful techniques in the communication of the company's mission and core values as a means to implement positive change and/or create organizational structure within the assigned business departments.
- Lead operational efforts through subordinates to complete the administration of training and education programs to ensure the operations effective achievement of goals within the assigned divisions.
- Directs and controls the broad activities of training and education through the interpretation, application, and implementation of company-wide policies and processes appropriate to the functional area.
- Ensure that budgets and schedules are within company requirements with significant organizational responsibility for the overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, expense priority management, and recommendation and implementation changes of current methods.
- Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Ensure all employees within the assigned team(s) understand and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations; establishing and maintaining effective internal systems and controls to promote compliance.
- Provide leadership, guidance and coaching for all direct reports to maintain an engaged and productive workforce; partnering with Human Resources on employee matters.
- Collaborate with employees in the establishment of clear and concise development plans to ensure succession planning and the advancement of future leaders within the organization.
- Strategic leader with broad-based knowledge in individual departments, and strong knowledge of industry practice and business principles. Works on complex issues and abstract issues/situations where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the company.
- Participates with other senior managers to establish strategic plans and objectives. Develops and coordinates simultaneous strategies/initiatives for direct departments, and contributes to the development of divisional/business unit strategies.
- Provides strategic insights into final decision processes on administrative or operational matters, and ensures operations effective achievement of objectives.
- Interprets and provides recommendations for change of company-wide policies and practices. Establishes policies appropriate for the function.
- Responsible for managing a functional area on a national level, or multiple functional areas within division. Directs and controls the activities of a broad functional area through several lower department managers within the company.
- Broad latitude for decisions within scope of the job. Decisions are usually complex and have an impact on the business beyond the functional area with serious impact on the overall success or failure in the area of accountability. Erroneous decisions will have a serious impact on the overall success of functional, division or company operations.
- Regularly interacts with executives, senior management, and/or major customers. Interactions frequently require special skills such as negotiating or influencing customers and/or senior level leaders in matters of significance to the organization.
- Recognized as an influential leader. Interacts with all levels within the organization to manage functional area. Overall responsibility for hiring, coaching and counseling employees, including performance reviews, disciplinary action and terminations.
- Assist with various projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job is remotely located and requires frequent travel to the corporate office and other locations for planning and supervising delivery of training programs to various divisions within RTG, requiring significant overnight travel.
May be responsible for the direct supervision of various levels of Training and Education departmental staff.
Typically requires a college degree, Bachelors preferred, or equivalent directly related work experience
Ongoing attendance/certification in adult learning education to ensure remaining current with industry training practices
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
Minimum 10+ years of experience in dialysis including 5 years in pharmaceutical or device sales training and education; 5+ years of experience in management.
Strong management skills with the ability to lead cohesive and productive teams.
Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of management through diplomacy and tact.
Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in educational theories.
PowerPoint skills required.
Minimum 5 years in clinical adult training and education in renal space preferred
Demonstrated ability in organizing and presenting educational programs for nurses/sales force and other departments within division.
Proven ability to effectively communicate with multiple departments to coordinate the development and approval process of educational items while working with multiple functional areas including the Windchill approval team.
Excellent communication, presentation, writing, and organizational skills a must.
Ability to function independently in a fast-paced environment, performing multiple tasks and meeting required deadlines.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website