Job ID 200009KH
Available Openings 1
Position Specific Information NxStage Medical, a Fresenius Company is on a mission to transform renal care. To do that, we continually seek the best-of-the-best to expand and improve our team of dedicated, innovative professionals. If you share our mission and are committed to improving the lives of renal patients, then we invite you to explore our career opportunities.
The Software Manager will be responsible for leading highly technical software development projects relating to current and/or future NxStage products. This person should have prior experience managing projects or being technical lead on a project involving embedded firmware and application software using a structured product development process in a regulated environment. The candidate should also have experience building, developing, and managing a software development team.
Manage and develop a 3-5 person team on a daily basis
· Provide oversight and direction to engineers on development and business processes
· Ensure team is trained and compliant to SOPs. Mentor and develop a career path for direct reports.
· Drive high quality expectations on deliverables and drive continuous improvement within program team
· Oversee and evaluate deliverables generated by their team
· Collaborates with technical experts and project managers to scope and balance work load of direct reports
· Refine / complete software development plans to meet overall program schedule objectives in coordination with Project Management
· Participate in peer code reviews, use-case testing, debug, etc.
· Lead / participate in formal stage-gate design reviews
· Collaborate with SQA team to develop V&V test plans / protocols, etc.
· Ensure adherence to and compliance with organizational policies, guidelines, and objectives
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
May be responsible for the direct supervision of various levels of Software Development staff.
· BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or similar relevant discipline; Master's degree strongly preferred
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
· 5+ years of experience as a software developer.
· 2+ years of experience in a Software functional and/or technical project leadership role required
· Must be knowledgeable / experienced in all aspects of applicable medical device software development standards and processes
· Strong embedded (primary) and application (secondary) programming skills & experience preferred
· Strong diagnostic & problem-solving skills desired, including root cause analysis and troubleshooting
· Familiarity with source control, version management, and configuration management practices desired
· Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
· Experience maintaining the confidentiality of sensitive information
· Excellent people management and collaboration skills required
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website