Job ID 20000GNP
Available Openings 1
Position Specific Information Hemodialysis Machines and RO Water Systems Focus
• Establish Expertise in dialysis machine technology and work closely with engineering, medical, quality, and customer teams to drive development and customer satisfaction projects.
• Utilize in-depth understanding of the market and customer needs and drive marketing programs to achieve the growth targets for hemodialysis machines and RO water systems.
• Responsible and accountable for managing the P&L of the dialysis machine, spare parts, and RO water systems franchise.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Directs and drives the marketing efforts (planning/positioning; promotion; market access; and product life-cycle management) in the U.S. nephrology healthcare market segment providing overall program leadership and guidance. Collaborates with appropriate stakeholders and executives to set the strategic direction and develop, execute/implement, and communicate the overall product marketing plan and strategies. Establishes short and long term goals and objectives for the marketing efforts ensuring alignment divisional and company strategic plans. Makes appropriate decisions and recommendations to ensure all promotional/advertising materials meet internal and FDA Regulatory and Compliance guidelines.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilizes advanced knowledge of the business and industry subject matter expertise to direct and drive the commercialization of assigned product(s) providing program oversight and leadership to ensure a successful and effective implementation of the marketing plan. Responsible for cross -functional collaboration to ensure in-depth market analysis, effective market research activities, thought leader development, forecasting, pricing strategy, and reimbursement/market access initiatives.
- Develops, recommends, and implements highly impactful marketing strategies and long and short term marketing plans that drive brand identity and business making the appropriate decisions to ensure an effective and efficient implementation.
- Develops brand positioning, messaging, and promotion. Coordinates effective integration of various marketing tactics for advertising, public relations, sales force promotion, sales force and patient education, payor interactions and contract negotiations.
- Manages all aspects of the marketing mix including promotion, pricing, distribution and product developments and/or changes.
- Partners with various internal departments to ensure appropriate sales, promotional, and educational materials are available to support the success of assigned product(s).
- Responsible for the translation of product requirements for U.S. markets, ensuring that all requirements are understood within the RTG Sales and Marketing organization, in addition to the external market.
- Utilizes data and reports from various internal/external resources to analyze and define the market providing accurate sales projections/forecasts.
- Develops and maintains key contacts with different target audiences to fully understand marketplace dynamics.
- Conceives, develops, and tests/evaluates marketing plans and strategies to provide for effective marketing of the product.
- Develops and disseminates promotion and training programs, including coordination of external suppliers and agencies, and with input from sales.
- Leads the design and development of marketing campaigns from concept to execution creating effective market communications programs to maximize return on investment.
- Manages the advertising agency and promotional review system to implement overall campaign elements, educational, promotional and public relations programs.
- Establishes objectives for promotional programs and tactics consistent with strategy and leads the development of the promotional tactics for the healthcare and “at risk” patient audience.
- Directs the development of tactics to include advertising, brochures, direct mail campaigns, sales literature, videos, medical education and slide programs, according to strategy and within agreed-upon budgets.
- Provides regular status updates regarding marketing plan implementation timeline, tactics and program situation to sales and marketing executives, partners, and other stakeholders.
- Ensures that budgets and schedules are within company requirements with significant organizational responsibility for the overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, expense priority management, and recommendation and implementation changes of current methods.
- Interprets and provides recommendations for change of company-wide policies and practices. Establishes policies appropriate for the function.
- Regularly interacts with executives, senior management, and/or major customers. Interactions frequently require special skills such as negotiating or influencing customers and/or senior level leaders in matters of significance to the organization.
- Recognized as an influential leader. Interacts with all levels within the organization to manage functional area. Overall responsibility for hiring, coaching, counseling employees, including performance reviews, disciplinary action and terminations.
- Reviews and complies with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Ensures all employees within the assigned team(s) understand and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations; establishing and maintaining effective internal systems and controls to promote compliance.
- Provides leadership, guidance, and coaching for all direct reports to maintain an engaged and productive workforce; partnering with Human Resources on employee matters. Provides technical guidance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Most work to be performed in corporate/office settings.
Travel (up to 30%) will be required in order to conduct business at company manufacturing sites, participation in trade shows, travel to customer locations, vendor locations, and other miscellaneous locations, as needed.
Responsible for the direct supervision of various levels of marketing staff.
Bachelor's Degree in business, marketing, or related field required; Advanced Degree preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 12+ years of increasingly progressive marketing experience in the nephrology healthcare market segment/industry; 5+ years of product management, including a new product launch.
- Strong management skills with the ability to lead cohesive and productive teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of management through diplomacy and tact.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Effective presentation skills.
- Familiarity with advertising agency operations.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines.
- Excellent collaborative skills are a must and demonstrated work experience across cultures is a plus.
- Maintains a pro-active approach to all situations, with the ability to anticipate problems and come up with appropriate solutions.
- Exercises sound, independent judgment.
- Requires knowledge of all MS Office applications.
- Budgeting, forecasting, and financial analysis, including P&L management.
- Success in developing and launching successful new products in regulated, health care environment
- Fluency with outcome-driven innovation and gated approach to product lifecycle management
- Strategic insight and the ability to develop strategic and tactical marketing plans to support company goals
- Leadership skills to build successful cross-functional teams (with sales, manufacturing, R&D, supply chain, etc.).
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website