Job ID 200002HB
Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Sr. Engineering Project Manager utilizes wide-ranging experience to lead R&D teams on development of medical devices from concept to product launch. Requires significant cross-functional coordination, excellent written and communications skills, and the ability to drive collaborative discussions and decisions with all key stakeholders.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Has wide-ranging experience and uses professional concepts in developing resolution to critical issues and broad design matters.
- Acts as a subject matter expert to lead complex R&D projects across all phases of planning, implementation, and production readiness and support.
- Creates, optimizes, and drives structured schedules and project plans. Sets and meets deadlines with quality deliverables, effectively adapting and modifying plans based on changing conditions or data.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel (Team Lead). Networks with key contacts outside of area of expertise.
- Acts as a subject matter expert for engineering project management activities.
- Represents the R&D teams as core team member in the cross-functional program teams.
- Collaborates across all the functional areas (R&D, Marketing, QA/QC, Regulatory, Clinical, Operations, Service and others) necessary to insure successful project completion and delivery.
- Anticipates, identifies, documents, and manages key program risks; proposes and drives appropriate mitigation and contingency plans.
- Prepares project dashboards and communicates progress clearly across organizational boundaries and levels from individual contributor to senior executive.
- Plans resource requirements and negotiates Core Team resources with R&D functional managers; assist Core Team Members in negotiating extended team staffing.
- Leads teams to define and prioritize scope, objectives, and requirements.
- Assists Core Team Members in resolving extended team and functional issues.
- Builds effective relationships with core and extended team members, functional managers, senior management, and customers.
- Provides assistance to other staff with complex tasks that require considerable judgment and initiative.
- May escalate difficult/complex issues to supervisor/manager for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Mentors other staff as applicable.
- Reviews and complies with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Assists with various projects as assigned by a direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree required in a technical field (i.e. electrical, mechanical, physics); Advanced Degree desirable.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Minimum 8 – 12 years of related experience in product development and/or project management, preferably in the medical device industry; with a Master's Degree 6 years of experience required; with a PhD 3 years of experience is acceptable.
- Must be proficient in the use of Project management tools to develop schedules, allocate resources, and track progress.
- Excellent leadership skills and experience leading high-performance technical teams.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Outstanding track record driving projects to completion on time, within budget and in high quality.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website