Job ID 21000C8N
Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Provides physical plant maintenance, including cleaning, replenishing supplies, assisting Maintenance Technicians, and other required duties.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under general supervision, follows established company policies and procedures and applies acquired job skills to perform facility maintenance duties of repairing, patching, painting, drywall and sheetrock repair, and light plumbing. Assists Maintenance Technicians with repair of HVAC and water systems.
- Dusts, sweeps, mops, and washes walls and equipment within the facility.
- Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature but recognizes the need for occasional deviation from accepted practice.
- Assists production personnel with general housekeeping duties as needed to maintain the housekeeping standards in all areas of the plant. This may include greasing or lubricating machines.
- Assists in the housekeeping of the manufacturing lines as needed.
- Performs limited production duties as needed.
- Communication with vendors / suppliers as needed for purchasing / receiving.
- Adheres to current Good Manufacturing Practices and follow all Manufacturing Operation Descriptions that apply to this position.
- Provide light duty services such as change light bulbs, hang pictures, wash windows.
- Assists with preventative maintenance such as testing fire extinguishers, eye wash stations, and exit signs and all related documentation in compliance to FDA 21 CFR Part 820 and Health Canada Drug GMP (as applicable).
- Complies with and observes safety regulations relevant to the maintenance and repair of equipment and facility.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew.
- Supports Lean Six Sigma and Continuous Improvements.
- Reviews and complies with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Normal working conditions consist of hot and cold environments, wet and dry conditions, loud and dusty areas. Proper Personal Protective Equipment must be worn, when required.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 75 pounds of parts or equipment.
- Position involves active work, including walking or standing, kneeling and bending for long periods of time.
- High School Diploma required; Associate's Degree desirable
- Related trade school experience is a plus
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 2 – 4 years' related experience.
- Experience cleaning food, chemical, or drug manufacturing equipment preferred.
- Understanding of current Good Manufacturing Practices desired.
- Exposure to FDA and GMP regulation a plus.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website