Job ID 20000IAZ
Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Drives the planning, design, implementation, organization, and operation of the company's data communications network. Analyzes the needs of departments and establishes priorities for network design and implementation to develop new and/or modify the company's networks and applications. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage day to day activities of department engineers who support and design Local Area and Wide Area network solutions for all FMCNA locations. Allocate and monitor the workflow to ensure the accurate and timely completion of assignments within the established time frame and quality standards.
- Manage the planning, development and installation of network systems by evaluating current and future business requirements.
- Oversee the procurement, design and support for all data communications hardware.
- Perform capacity planning and analysis; identify and determine the appropriate hardware and software purchase and lease decisions.
- Negotiate service and/or hardware contracts with external entities as required.
- Oversee short, medium and strategic projects that impact LAN and WAN architecture and users needing access to network resources.
- Develop, maintain and communicate project plans and schedules.
- Prioritize requirements and coordinate resources as appropriate.
- Ensure all software and hardware products are compatible with network operation.
- Develop, document and maintain standards and procedures for network implementations, upgrades and relocations for enterprise customer base incorporating field offices, field system support groups, parallel IT departments and specific user/application departments.
- Manage the quality assurance testing and analysis of all components of network facilities to ensure operational status. Ensure all necessary corrective actions are taken to provide adequate network performance.
- Act as a resource and subject matter expert providing day to day guidance, support and direction to Network Engineering staff. Mentor staff and assist with identification of personal development opportunities.
- Develop performance measures for use in evaluating skills and training opportunities for department staff. Manage departmental staffing through the appropriate hiring, firing and disciplinary actions.
- Manage capitalization and network expense budget implementing cost containment strategies where possible.
- Maintain current knowledge of emerging technologies and current best practices and provide recommendations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
May be responsible for the direct supervision of various levels of Network Engineering staff.
Bachelor's Degree required; Advanced Degree desirable.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 6 – 8 years' related experience.
- 3+ years' experience as a Manager preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to manage one or more departments.
- Proven knowledge of LAN and WAN technologies.
- Good interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective team member.
- Independent thinker with strong analytical skills and the ability to prioritize effectively in a fast moving environment.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website