Job ID 2000091F
Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Senior Web Application Developer provides mentorship for other Web Application Developers. Responsibilities include design, coding, unit testing, debugging, technical documentation and ongoing support of web-based software using various software platforms.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Writes code for web applications.
- Analyzes business application requirements of diverse scope and complexity in order to support business management objectives.
- Writes technical specifications and design documentation for new development projects and enhancements.
- Develops software applications and functionality in accordance with business requirements and technical specifications.
- Assists and collaborates with other team members on product development tasks.
- Applies current technology to solve technical problems and ensure system and application performance optimization.
- Performs code and technical architecture reviews. Reviews range from single routines of software code to complex technical architecture. Complex solutions may require partnership with other development teams.
- May provide assistance to junior level staff with more complex tasks that require a higher level of understanding of functions.
- May escalate issues to supervisor/manager for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Mentor other staff as applicable.
- Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by a direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's Degree required; Advanced Degree desirable
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 5 – 8 years' related experience; or a Master's degree with 3 years' experience; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent directly related work experience.
- Ability to act independently given general direction.
- Ability to work creatively, analytically, and independently in a problem solving environment.
- Complete understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- In-depth knowledge of object-oriented design principles, multi-tier architectures and common design patterns.
- Experience and firm comprehension of Software as a Service development.
- Excellent task management for self and other software developers.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver quality results on time and within budget.
- Ability to comprehend business requirements, functional and technical specifications delivered by the Business Analysts to implement software solutions.
- Work cooperatively with product development management.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website