Job ID 20000GIF
Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Oversees all maintenance requirements in the Solutions Department.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises the daily operations of the Solutions Maintenance Department, including but not limited to: establishing mutual goals, assigning tasks, and maintaining schedules.
- Lives up to the RTG Values and ensures that direct/indirect reports do the same.
- Develops and implements CAPAs to improve OEE. Gathers downtime data to determine trends and create plans to eliminate causes of the downtime.
- Establishes Preventive Maintenance (PMs), spare parts lists, spare parts inventory, and other documents, materials, tools and schedules needed to ensure reliable operation of all equipment in the Solutions Department.
- Supervises maintenance technicians to see that shift coverage requirements, safety metrics, and training compliance are met.
- Maintains clear and detailed records of work performed on the equipment in the Solutions Department.
- Maintains general housekeeping of working area and plant.
- Reviews and complies with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Ensures all employees within the assigned team(s) understand and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations; establishing and maintaining effective internal systems and controls to promote compliance.
- Provides direct supervision of the assigned team through ongoing leadership and guidance; partnering with Human Resources on employee matters.
- Works on issues of limited scope; follows established practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained.
- Supervises/directs daily operations of subordinates to complete assignments using established guidelines, procedures, and policies. Provides immediate supervision of a unit or group of employees, assigning tasks, checking work at frequent intervals, and maintaining schedules.
- Responsible for hiring, coaching and counseling employees, including performance reviews, disciplinary action and terminations.
- Interacts daily with subordinates and/or functional peer groups. Interaction normally involves the exchange or presentation of factual information.
- Carries out Company Values: Honesty & Integrity, Quality, Respect & Dignity, Innovation & Improvement, Teamwork & Safety are the guiding principles of employee behavior at FMCNA.
- Assists with various projects as assigned by a direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to stand and sit throughout a 12 hour shift, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. Occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Must regularly lift and/or move 10 to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds with assistance.
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. Frequently exposed to high, precarious places; extreme heat; and risk of electrical shock. Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions, and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud due to job duties of welding, grinding, and venturi systems.
Responsible for the direct supervision of various levels of Solutions Maintenance Department staff.
Bachelor's Degree required; in lieu of degree additional years of relevant experience and/or training/education may be considered.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Minimum 2 – 3 years of related experience in a Senior/Lead level; or 1 – 3 years of experience as a Supervisor.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Maintain good attendance record.
- Reference ComplianceWire Curriculum.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website