Job ID 20000HOJ
Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Assists with researching of complex accounting issues from business partners across FMCNA. Provides guidance and interpretation to business partners for accounting policies developed by FMCNA. Assists with updating, development, issuance, and implementation of FMCNA new accounting policies to ensure adherence with both IFRS and U.S. GAAP accounting pronouncements.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provides timely support to various accounting questions proposed from business partners across FMCNA, including ad hoc analysis of complex accounting issues and projects as directed.
Provides guidance and interpretation to business partners for FMCNA accounting policies; updates, develops, and communicates existing and new FMCNA accounting policies to ensure adherence with both IFRS and U.S. GAAP pronouncements.
Leads the efforts to ensure consistent application of FMCNA accounting policies across all divisions and functions and acts as Subject Matter Expert for accounting policies.
Remains current on new and developing IFRS and U.S. GAAP accounting pronouncements and communicates potential impacts to FMCNA management timely and as appropriate.
Manages the Non-IFRS analysis for external auditors.
Provides support to the external reporting functions as needed.
Aids in responses to both U.S. and German regulatory agencies inquires as needed.
Assists with accounting supports (e.g., pre-closing due diligences and post-closing purchase price allocation) for various FMCNA business initiatives such as divestitures and business acquisitions as needed.
Provides review as needed of FMCNA's joint venture agreements such as put options assessment, consolidation analysis and other related complex accounting issues.
Performs other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Little to no travel is expected for this position.
- May supervise exempt level staff
EDUCATION AND REQUIRED CREDENTIALS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related areas required
- CPA preferred but not required
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- 6 – 8 years' progressive work experience in public and privative sectors. Big Four accounting firms and life science industry experience preferred.
- 3+ years' supervisory or project/program management experience preferred.
- CPA preferred but not required.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects amidst competing priorities.
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced, dynamic and changing environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively across the organization and with external stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website