Job ID 210000R1
Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Responsible for the overall efficient and timely processing of delivery routing through routing software. Coordinates all traffic functions relating to freight movement into and out of the warehouses.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Utilizes routing software to efficiently route trucks and freights. Routes trips in accordance with established transit policies and procedures and all applicable regulatory requirements:
- Reviews request data and street maps to determine appropriate route based on type and quantity of merchandise.
- Considers customer expectation and requirements when scheduling deliveries.
- Communicates delivery information to customers.
- Directs the scheduling of outgoing shipments and returned goods to ensure efficient resource utilization.
- Ensures routes comply with DOT regulations of gross vehicle weights and hours of service.
- Prepares pertinent documentation to route materials such as bills of lading and shipping orders.
- Ensures the required placards, manifests and labeling are present when shipping hazardous materials.
- Utilizes tracking software to track vehicles and drivers throughout the day as well as for any necessary troubleshooting.
- Collaborates, confers and communicates with sales and customer service representative and customers. Rectifies problems such as damages, shortages and nonconformance to specifications and resolves other issues and discrepancies.
- Makes arrangements for carrier services and issues instructions for shipping and delivery of products. Specifies routings, prepares tracers on lost shipments, and prepares and files claims for damages, lost shipments and overcharges.
- Maintains accurate files on vehicle use, condition and maintenance.
- Supports key fleet projects to reduce costs while improving service and overall compliance.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Manages relationships between customers and drivers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School Diploma required.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 1 – 2 years of related experience required.
- Knowledge of Federal and State DOT regulatory standards.
- Good computer skills with knowledge of SAP, Microsoft Office, or like applications/routing software.
- Fleet asset management experience.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website