Job ID 20000DJ0
Available Openings 1
Position Specific Information NxStage Medical, a Fresenius Company is on a mission to transform renal care. To do that, we continually seek the best-of-the-best to expand and improve our team of dedicated, innovative professionals. If you share our mission and are committed to improving the lives of renal patients, then we invite you to explore our career opportunities.
Research & Development is looking for a talented, energetic, passionate, and responsible UI/UX & Visual Designer who can also coordinate and put together user studies – both for human factors studies and UX feedback.
A successful candidate should be capable of collaborating with teams of highly-technical engineers, product managers, and human factors/usability engineers. You are expected to be able to handle project-level responsibilities and should be deadline-driven with a focus on details and high-quality output. You are proactive, process and detail-oriented, and a self-starter who can handle multiple projects and thrive in a fast-paced environment to set the world-class experience for our patients and healthcare professionals. You are also a master at your craft, capable of designing inspiring content that is both accessible and commands attention, by levering user testing and prototyping and prototyping in your design process.
Role will be fluid that approximately half of responsibilities will support UI/UX & Visual Design and the other half will prepare, coordinate user studies (Human Factors and UX)
- Creating UI/UX design (e.g. mobile apps, embedded interface) and visual design (e.g. graphic design for products, icons, storyboards) in collaboration with other design team members as well as the project teams
- Study coordination includes ordering supplies, inventorying, scheduling, setup and on-site assistance, and tear down
- Collect user behavior and insights through mixed methods
- Maintain thorough records of engagements with study participants (dates, study notes, key participant characteristics), and drive adoption of, and maintain, centralized participant tracking
- Performing the full process of UI/UX design from inquiring the user experience, developing concepts and interactive prototypes of user interface design, produce wireframes, flow diagrams, detailed specifications, and other design related documentation
- Providing low and high-fidelity mockups, including clickable prototypes is a must
- Performing the full process of visual design including concept development, iterations, photograph and video
- Providing creative responses to UX issues that arise during development and usability testing
- Providing creative means to coordinating studies – remote and in-person
- Supporting visual design needs across multiple projects as requested
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree from a 4-year college majoring in Design related to Graphic Design, Interaction Design, Human Computer Interaction or combination of certifications/professional experience
- Online portfolio of user experience projects with a strong research component
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience as a UI/UX & Visual Designer
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience coordinating user feedback studies
- Strong time-management, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under tight schedules and multi-task
- Ability to execute above mentioned UI/UX and visual design tasks (wireframes, low/high fidelity mockups) independently and collaboratively
- Ability to build and communicate concepts to project teams through presentations, prototype demonstrations and simulations
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website