Job ID 21000C8R
Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Responsible for the accurate storing, shipping and receiving of product to meet company standards of safety, security and productivity. Responsible for operating machinery for the purpose of moving, locating, relocating, stacking, and counting merchandise.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under limited supervision, applies considerable warehouse knowledge to perform a broad range of tasks which include but are not limited to loading, unloading, storing, and preparing shipments.
- Reviews orders for shipment, pulls and prepares product for shipment, ensuring that the exact number and type of product is loaded and shipped. Perform picking duties in an efficient manner that adheres to company standards. Ensures all duties are accomplished in compliance with all Distribution Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) and Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) standards.
- Ensures inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage.
- Manages appropriate records and reports to guarantee that tight inventory control and security are maintained. Assist in physical inventories. Ensure proper stock rotation.
- Operates any materials handling equipment safely and efficiently and according to the proper procedures.
- Ensures a clean, neat and orderly work area, cleans and maintains supplies, tools and equipment to ensure compliance with safety regulations, Occupational Safety & health Administration (OSHA) and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) standards.
- Ensures operations are conducted in a manner that promotes safety and in accordance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) standards including maintaining a clean, neat, and orderly work area and assisting with maintaining the security of the warehouse.
- Assists in maintaining the security of the warehouse. Keeping appropriate records and reports to guarantee that tight inventory control and security are maintained. Assist in physical inventories. Ensure proper stock rotation.
- Provides guidance, training and mentoring to new team members as well as existing team members regarding company SOP's, safety regulations and other pertinent requirements.
- Maintains all assigned material handling equipment in good condition to ensure adherence safety standards.
- Uses radio frequency equipment for picking/selecting, receiving, and string functions, as required.
- May provide assistance to junior staff with more complex support tasks that require a higher level of understanding of functions, as directed by immediate supervisor. Become knowledgeable of the responsibilities, procedures and duties of other areas of the warehouse. Act as back-up during times of absence and vacation.
- May escalate issues to supervisor for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Required to lift and carry loads of up to 60 pounds on a frequent basis.
- Required to walk and stand for extended periods and be capable of operating power equipment.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent work experience required.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Minimum 2 – 4 years of related experience.
- Must be able to read English, count accurately, do simple math, and write English legibly.
- The ability to operate material handling equipment is required.
- Must be reliable, responsible, dependable and able to fulfill obligations.
- Must be capable of sitting, standing, and walking for an extended period of time.
- The ability to follow directions and being careful about detail is extremely important.
- Familiarity with general warehouse operations and radio frequency equipment is essential.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrates good teamwork and collaboration skills.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Apply on company website