Retail Grocery Associate:
Are required to assist customers as needed and maintain a friendly, energetic demeanor. This position requires adhering to all procedural guidelines set by the store. Based on your work experience, you are trained to work in a specific department (Produce Department, Meat & Seafood Department, Front End Department, Grocery Department, Natural Living Department, Food Service Department) within the store.
As a part of our team, you could:
- Stock food service cases; and organize all products set by the Store Director
- Bake fresh goodies and beautify cakes
- Design imaginative floral arrangements
- Slice, package and serve premier quality meats and seafood
- Support customers at checkout and package groceries
- Provide assistance in other areas to deliver extraordinary service to our customers
Potential career opportunities this position may lead to include but are not limited to:
- Department Supervisor
- Department Manager
- Key Manager
- Assistant Store Director
- Store Director
- Director of Operations
• Sit Rarely 1–2 hours
• Stand Continuously 1–8 hours
• Walk Continuously 2–8 hours
• Drive Frequently 2-4 hours
• Balance Frequently 34–66%
• Bend Occasionally 1–33%
• Climb (2–6 ft) Occasionally 1–33%
• Crawl Occasionally 1–33%
• Crouch/Squat Occasionally 1–33%
• Kneel Occasionally 1–33%
• Reach (forward & overhead) Frequently 34–66%
• Twist (45 degrees at waist) Occasionally 1–33%
• 0–10 lbs. Occasionally 1–33%
• 11–25 lbs. Occasionally 1–33%
• 26–50 lbs. Occasionally 1–33%
• 51–100 lbs. Never 0%
• Right & Left Grasping Frequently 34–66%
• Fine Manipulation Occasionally 1–33%
• Pushing and Pulling Occasionally 1–33%
• Lower extremities Never 0%
• Inside – 90% Outside – 10%
• Some extreme temperatures are possible. Some ventilation and exhaust fans.
• Refrigerated and ambient environment 35 to 90 degrees
About Fresh Thyme Farmer's Market:
‘Supermarket of the year in 2016' by Grocery Headquarters magazine.
Fresh Thyme Farmers Market is a full-service specialty retailer focusing on value-priced fresh, healthy, natural and organic offerings. We have opened up over 70 stores since 2013! Our stores boasts an extensive produce department with organic and local fruits and vegetables, a natural meat department, healthy deli foods to go, bakery goods, 300 bulk food bins, dairy and frozen, and health supplement products. At Fresh Thyme, we believe you shouldn't have to give away the farm to feed your body nutritious food. We're on a mission to improve the way our communities eat by offering fresh and healthy food at amazing values -all in a vibrant and fun shopping environment, with smiling friendly faces. Our stores don't follow traditional grocery store design, nor do they have tall aisles or glitzy fixtures. In fact, our stores are so simple and easy to navigate that we don't number our aisles or hand out store maps. We believe shopping for fresh and healthy food should be easy and enjoyable.
Please click on the short video hyperlink about Fresh Thyme and see what we're all about:
About Fresh Thyme Farmers Market
Benefits and Perks:
Medical / Dental / Vision Insurance / Paid Vacation and more.
Our unique business model, fast paced and growing environment, promote from within culture, and excellent benefits makes Fresh Thyme the place for you. If you have limited work experience but have a great work ethic, positive attitude, and engaging personality we would love the opportunity to talk with you!
Apply on company website