SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER's, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health's top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
Frisbie Memorial Hospital is a 112-bed acute care facility unique in today's healthcare environment. We are all about our people, technology and patient trust. We use the latest technology to help our dedicated staff find solutions to benefit our patients. This technology promotes faster healing, better health, higher quality of life and in-turn, career satisfaction.
Not only do our patients come first, but our employees do too! We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Frisbie Memorial Hospital we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Emergency Services Technician to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
Essential Position Functions :
The following are essential job functions that must be able to be carried out by the Emergency Department Technician with or without reasonable accommodations.Patient Care Functions
- Provides supportive care to the Emergency Department patients under direct supervision of the Registered Nurse, Physician or Physician's Assistant. May perform approved procedures within scope of competencies.Demonstrates ability to work effectively as a multidisciplinary team member; supports and assists team members in all activities.
- Communicates in an effective and efficient manner with all coworkers, patients and visitors.
- Observes and reports patient's needs to the Registered Nurse.
- Assists Registered Nurse and/or physicians/PAs as assigned within scope of competencies.
- Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity. Identifies and addresses or communicates to the Charge Nurse any psychosocial, cultural, ethnic and religious/spiritual needs of patients and families.
- Places IVs and draws labs if in serviced and appropriately licensed/certified
- Assists patients into and out of wheelchairs; on or off stretchers as needed.
- Responds to patient and visitor questions and needs in a timely manner and within established standards.
- Maintains patient comfort and privacy.
- Documents patient care performed on the patient's Emergency Department Medical Record.
- Maintains and prepares rooms between patients.
- Responds promptly to changes in workload, adjusting assignments as necessary to achieve optimal productivity and efficiency.
- Assists with preparation of equipment and inventory for specific procedures.
- Demonstrates the ability to assist physicians with procedures in the Emergency department.
- Monitors room stock and restocks areas based on inventory par levels.
- Transports patients, supplies and specimens.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested within the scope of practice
- Participates in performance improvement activities as directed.
- Maintains a safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment for patients and families in accordance with Hospital standards.
- Participates in hospital and departmental inservices, staff meetings, processes and committees which promote growth, objective problem solving and team building.
- Demonstrates an awareness of and support for the hospital's Mission and Values Statements and Strategic Plan. Assists in the formation and accomplishment of unit goals and objectives.
- Adheres to Hospital policy addressing standard precautions, safety regulations and guidelines. 7. Complies with established hospital policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates a commitment to containing costs and efficient use of material resources. 9. Will cross train to the Unit Coordinator role to meet the changing needs of the department.
High School graduate or equivalent with one year experience in an acute care setting and/or in the pre-hospital setting;
Current BLS Certification Current LNA,EMT or EMTI/A license Medical Terminology
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website