Design Consultant Primary Responsibilities
- Understand the design industry and our Design Solutions (DS) business acumen
- Coordinate needs, present solutions and alternatives to individual guest that are seeking design expertise. This encounter should culminate in sales growth within the market
- Provide design expertise for scheduled appointments, virtual appointments and during “on-demand” design time
- Build guest loyalty through in-store programs including, but not limited to, Design Services, Frontgate private label credit card, and community outreach programs
- In partnership with the corporate retail team, facilitate the store presentation of the Frontgate swatch library, including swatch ordering, maintenance and organization, as well as provide viable solutions to elevate the overall customer experience while working with upholstery
- Proactively identify and network with local organizations and businesses that would benefit from Design Solutions services and provide them with marketing materials
- Partner with the Design Solutions team to promote the Designer Trade program, ultimately driving business
- Coordinate and host customer outreach events with the Guest Services team and design classes with the partnership of the corporate retail team.
- Work directly with the Assistant Store Manager to meet varying time requirements for all aspects of the Design Solutions program for the goal of an organized and efficient DS work flow
- Support the retail store team in varied responsibilities, including (but not limited to), order entry, visual floorsets and merchandising, reinforcement of store maintenance and standards, and product training activities
Collaborate and Builds Teams—Attracts, develops and motives the talent needed for current and future business requirements. Articulates an inspiring vision for the future, establishes high performance expectations and sets example through own behavior. Ensures alignment of individual goals with overall business objectives. Coaches team members to success and holds individuals accountable for achieving results.
Be Accountable—Credibility earned through delivering results. Balances urgent and effective action, commitment to excellence, taking initiative to resolve problems and work quality. Demonstrates high initiative and provides leadership in a project-oriented environment.
Builds Diverse Teams—Seeks out and embraces diversity of thought. Ensures all employees feel respected and valued for who they are. Creates an inclusive work environment where everyone can embrace their uniqueness and develop to their full potential.
Inspires Engagement—Leads by example. Communicates effectively and makes people feel valued and appreciated. Deals with conflict and poor performance in a timely and proactive way.
Stays Curious –Always looking to learn and grow. Thinks creatively and is open to new ideas and innovation. Focuses on building skills for the present and future. Learns from mistakes and embraces change.
- College degree with focus on interior design preferred and/or equivalent job experience
- The ideal candidate will have 2 – 5 years of experience in interior design, consultation and event planning
- Provide a design portfolio or clear examples of recent projects
- Strong space planning skills
- Employ basic drafting skills with the ability to read and interpret architectural plans and basic floor plans
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, and other web based platforms
- Ability to work independently without close supervision
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple objectives simultaneously with various time lines
- Excellent communications, delegation, follow-up and analytical skills
- Broad knowledge of competitors and trends, colors and special planning
- Ability to be mobile on the sales floor for extended periods of time
- Available to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to lift and mobilize medium to large items, up to 50lbs
- Ability to climb ladders
- Ability to continually smile, be nice, and be genuinely friendly in an environment where guest are the reason we are in business
Apply on company website