Why Work for Frontier Airlines?
At Frontier, we believe the skies should be for everyone. We deliver on this promise through our commitment to Low Fares Done Right. This is more than our tagline - it's our driving philosophy. Every member of Team Frontier has an important role to play in bringing this vision to life. Our successful business model allows travelers to take advantage of our fast-growing route network while our bundled and unbundled pricing options allow our customers to personalize their travel experience and only pay for the services they need – saving them money along the way.
What We Stand For
Low Fares Done Right is our mission and we strive to bring it to life every day. Our ‘Done Right' promise means delivering not only affordable prices, but making travel friendly and easy for our customers. To do this, we put a great deal of care into every decision and action we take. We must be efficient with the use of our resources and make smart decisions about how we run our business. We must also innovate and be pioneers - we're not afraid to try new things. While our business requires us to fly high in the air, we also consider ourselves down-to-earth in our approach, creating a warm and friendly experience that truly demonstrates Rocky Mountain Hospitality.
At Frontier, we like to think we're creating something very special for our team members. Work is why we're here, but the perks are nice too:
- Flight benefits for you and your family to fly on Frontier Airlines.
- Buddy passes for your friends so they can experience what makes us so great.
- Discounts throughout the travel industry on hotels, car rentals, cruises and vacation packages.
- Discounts on cell phone plans, movie tickets, restaurants, luggage and over 2,000 other vendors.
- Enjoy a ‘Dress for your Day' business casual environment.
- Flexible work schedules that support work/life balance.
- Total Rewards program including a competitive base salary, short term incentives, long-term incentives, paid holidays, 401(k) plan, vacation/sick time and medical/dental/vision insurance that begins the 1st of the month following your hire date.
- We play our part to make a difference. The HOPE League, Frontier Airlines' non-profit organization, is dedicated to providing employees financial assistance during catastrophic hardship.
Who We Are
Frontier Airlines is committed to offering ‘Low Fares Done Right' to more than 100 destinations and growing in the United States, Canada, Dominican Republic and Mexico on more than 350 daily flights. Headquartered in Denver, Frontier's hard-working aviation professionals pride themselves in delivering the company's signature Low Fares Done Right service to customers. Frontier Airlines is the proud recipient of the Federal Aviation Administration's 2018 Diamond Award for maintenance excellence and was recently named the industry's most fuel-efficient airline by The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) as a result of superior technology and operational efficiencies.
What Will You Be Doing?
The Manager represents Frontier Airlines in its business with airport operators, landlords and peer airlines in relation to airport development, real estate and facilities projects. This position will support Frontier's operational strategy by negotiating and administering lease and operating agreements and make certain facilities are adequate for Frontier's operation. This role is also responsible for budgeting and forecasting all airport costs and incentives for their assigned airports as well as modeling financial impacts of space and airport rate changes so that Frontier may make sound operational and business decisions. The ideal candidate has 4-6 years of experience in either Finance or Corporate Real Estate, experience with lease negotiations and an interest in aviation.
- Review and negotiate airline lease and use agreements with airport and non-airport counter parties
- Prepare and present business cases to Management to support decision making for strategic development of airport real estate
- Represent Frontier at Airport Affairs Committee meetings to advance Frontier's goals
- Prepare budget and forecast projections of airport rates and charges in Excel; seek opportunities for increased efficiencies
- Develop proforma financial models and analyses on impacts of space opportunities, airport rate changes, and airport capital improvement plans
- Coordinate with internal departments to assess risks and opportunities of airport operations
- Project Manage airport improvement projects that impact Frontier leaseholds
- Approve invoices and administer other day-to-day tasks, as needed
- Monitor airline and airport industry developments, channel information for review
- Assist with special projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or Aviation Management. Master's degree preferred but not required
- Budget and forecasting experience required
- Four to six years of experience in a relevant field required
- Experience in lease/contract negotiation and/or financial modeling & analysis preferred
- Relevant airline or aviation experience preferred but not required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Travel up to 60% of the time
- Ability to define problems and work through solutions in a collaborative environment
- Highly ethical and trustworthy leader with professional demeanor that will represent the Company to critical external audiences to support Company goals
- Aptitude to synthesize and present complex matters to varying audiences
- Strong ability to manage multiple competing priorities, projects and deadlines
- Proficiency in Excel
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature and level of work required of the referenced position; they are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Please be advised that duties and expectations of this position may be subject to change.
Frontier Airlines, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Frontier Airlines is a Zero Tolerance Drug-Free Workplace. All prospective employees are subject to pre-employment testing for the following drugs and their metabolites: Marijuana, Cocaine, Amphetamines, Opioids and Phencyclidine (PCP). Further, any applicant who is found to have tested positive on any required drug or alcohol test at a former employer will be considered ineligible for employment with Frontier.
Apply on company website