Why Work for Frontier Airlines?
At Frontier, we believe the skies should be for everyone. We deliver on this promise through our commitment to Low Fares Done Right. This is more than our tagline - it's our driving philosophy. Every member of Team Frontier has an important role to play in bringing this vision to life. Our successful business model allows travelers to take advantage of our fast-growing route network while our bundled and unbundled pricing options allow our customers to personalize their travel experience and only pay for the services they need – saving them money along the way.
What We Stand For
Low Fares Done Right is our mission and we strive to bring it to life every day. Our ‘Done Right' promise means delivering not only affordable prices, but making travel friendly and easy for our customers. To do this, we put a great deal of care into every decision and action we take. We must be efficient with the use of our resources and make smart decisions about how we run our business. We must also innovate and be pioneers - we're not afraid to try new things. While our business requires us to fly high in the air, we also consider ourselves down-to-earth in our approach, creating a warm and friendly experience that truly demonstrates Rocky Mountain Hospitality.
At Frontier, we like to think we're creating something very special for our team members. Work is why we're here, but the perks are nice too:
- Flight benefits for you and your family to fly on Frontier Airlines.
- Buddy passes for your friends so they can experience what makes us so great.
- Discounts throughout the travel industry on hotels, car rentals, cruises and vacation packages.
- Discounts on cell phone plans, movie tickets, restaurants, luggage and over 2,000 other vendors.
- Enjoy a ‘Dress for your Day' business casual environment.
- Flexible work schedules that support work/life balance.
- Total Rewards program including a competitive base salary, short term incentives, long-term incentives, paid holidays, 401(k) plan, vacation/sick time and medical/dental/vision insurance that begins the 1st of the month following your hire date.
- We play our part to make a difference. The HOPE League, Frontier Airlines' non-profit organization, is dedicated to providing employees financial assistance during catastrophic hardship.
Who We Are
Frontier Airlines is committed to offering ‘Low Fares Done Right' to more than 100 destinations and growing in the United States, Canada, Dominican Republic and Mexico on more than 350 daily flights. Headquartered in Denver, Frontier's hard-working aviation professionals pride themselves in delivering the company's signature Low Fares Done Right service to customers. Frontier Airlines is the proud recipient of the Federal Aviation Administration's 2018 Diamond Award for maintenance excellence and was recently named the industry's most fuel-efficient airline by The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) as a result of superior technology and operational efficiencies.
What Will You Be Doing?
Develops tactical and strategic pricing initiatives to maximize overall passenger revenue and align with company objectives. Monitors competitive pricing environment and ensures that Frontier's fares are appropriately positioned. Communicates pricing activity to Revenue Management peers and leaders.
- Assess performance and initiate fare strategies to capitalize on strengths and mitigate challenges in assigned markets
- Monitor competitive fare activity and execute appropriate market-level responses based on market performance, quality of service, and company objectives
- Employ principles of game theory to choose fare actions that will be most beneficial to Frontier in the context of competitor response
- Collaborate with Yield Management counterparts on market strategy, providing strategic pricing direction and competitive context
- Maintain awareness of internal and external factors that can influence demand and use these to inform pricing decisions
- Communicate Frontier and competitor pricing actions to Revenue Management and Commercial teams
- Distribute Frontier fares to host reservation system and 3rd party fares clearing house
- Ensure that fares are pricing correctly in each distribution channel
- Help resolve pricing and fare filing errors
- Look for ways to improve use of pricing and analysis tools
- Participate in project planning, process updates; contribute to strategic planning
- Assist Technical Pricing Analyst(s) with filing and maintenance of specialty fares, including group, government, loyalty and nonrevenue
- Assist in training new team members
- Bachelor's degree with major in Economics, Engineering, Finance, Mathematics, or Statistics preferred; combination of education and 3+ years of experience in airline pricing considered in lieu of degree
- Advanced degree in Business, Economics, Statistics or Mathematics helpful
- Up to 2 years of experience in airline pricing or yield management preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated analytical ability in prior role(s) and or significant coursework with analytical focus
- Refined interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; experience in Microsoft Access and SQL a plus
- Entrepreneurial attitude, willingness to take ownership and drive for results
- Comfort working under general direction in an environment where there is not always a clear correct course of action
- Skill in distilling relevant facts from large data sets
- Ability to identify root causes and synthesize responses
- Capacity to multitask and prioritize among several responsibilities
- Active listening skills with a willingness to teach and provide constructive feedback
- Sound judgment and ability to maintain composure under pressure
- Capability of handling confidential material with discretion
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature and level of work required of the referenced position; they are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Please be advised that duties and expectations of this position may be subject to change.
Frontier Airlines, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Frontier Airlines is a Zero Tolerance Drug-Free Workplace. All prospective employees are subject to pre-employment testing for the following drugs and their metabolites: Marijuana, Cocaine, Amphetamines, Opioids and Phencyclidine (PCP). Further, any applicant who is found to have tested positive on any required drug or alcohol test at a former employer will be considered ineligible for employment with Frontier.
Apply on company website