- Provide production support including on call for existing applications.
- Collaborate with other technical staff to research, evaluate, develop, test and implement new and/or currently unused functional and technical solutions to enhance the value of business systems.
- Evaluate current and future leveragability of new functionality in anticipation of changing/evolving business needs and direction.
- Process new software releases and /or patches and documentation for Configuration Management, Infrastructure and Support Services.
- Perform regular application, systems and data administration tasks, monitor results, recommend and implement automated solutions.
- Document coding and design activities necessary for the proper installation, maintenance and operation of the software.
- Collaborate and communicate across a wide variety of audiences within the technical organization and business end-user community.
- Participate in functional and technical solution reviews with management, developers, architects, and business representatives.
- Assist Quality Assurance with documentation of test script for unit testing and system testing.
- Analyze and evaluate business process flow.
- Provide regular status updates to management regarding ongoing projects, maintenance and systems support.
- Perform necessary investigation, analysis and evaluation to determine project feasibility.
- Plan the full range of programming actions needed to achieve desired end-results on complex problems.
- Recommend process improvements for systems development, maintenance and support.
- Maintain an understanding of industry trends and their impact on the company.
- Other duties dependent on department needs.
- Bachelor's degree in technical discipline or equivalent relevant experience
- 1 to 3 years of web based application development experience
- 1 to 3 years of database experience
- Candidates must be able to monitor program/development completion against schedules and timelines
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively work within a structured development environment that includes Agile development methodology, version control, and controlled system environments
- Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities and deliver on project commitments
- Ability to estimate and plan development work, track and report on task progress, and deliver work on schedule
- Understanding of database design and configuration
- Knowledge or background with airline internal and external systems is a benefit.
- Willing to work more than 40 hours and some weekends
- Ability to solve a variety of problems in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to compose moderately complex documentation
- Ability to discuss detailed information with both internal and external customers
- Ability to improve existing systems or procedures which periodically result in new ideas or approaches of considerable significance
- Able to work well under pressure
- Able to travel up to 25%
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature and level of work required of the referenced position; they are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Please be advised that duties and expectations of this position may be subject to change.
Frontier Airlines, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Frontier Airlines, Inc. is a Zero Tolerance Drug-Free Workplace. All prospective employees are subject to pre-employment testing for the following drugs and their metabolites: Marijuana (THC), Cocaine, Amphetamines (including methamphetamines and MDMA), Opiates (including codeine, heroine, 6-Am, and morphine) and Phencyclidine (PCP). Further, any applicant who is found to have tested positive on any required drug or alcohol test at a former employer will be considered ineligible for employment with Frontier and their offer of employment rescinded.
Why Work for Frontier Airlines?
At Frontier, we believe the skies should be for everyone. We deliver on this promise through our commitment to Low Fares Done Right. This is more than our tagline - it's our driving philosophy. Every member of Team Frontier has an important role to play in bringing this vision to life. Our successful business model allows travelers to take advantage of our fast-growing route network while our bundled and unbundled pricing options allow our customers to personalize their travel experience and only pay for the services they need – saving them money along the way.
What We Stand For
Low Fares Done Right is our mission and we strive to bring it to life every day. Our ‘Done Right' promise means delivering not only affordable prices, but making travel friendly and easy for our customers. To do this, we put a great deal of care into every decision and action we take. We must be efficient with the use of our resources and make smart decisions about how we run our business. We must also innovate and be pioneers - we're not afraid to try new things. While our business requires us to fly high in the air, we also consider ourselves down-to-earth in our approach, creating a warm and friendly experience that truly demonstrates Rocky Mountain Hospitality.
At Frontier, we like to think we're creating something very special for our team members. Work is why we're here, but the perks are nice too:
- Flight benefits for you and your family to fly on Frontier Airlines.
- Buddy passes for your friends so they can experience what makes us so great.
- Discounts throughout the travel industry on hotels, car rentals, cruises and vacation packages.
- Discounts on cell phone plans, movie tickets, restaurants, luggage and over 2,000 other vendors.
- Enjoy a ‘Dress for your Day' business casual environment.
- Flexible work schedules that support work/life balance.
- Total Rewards program including a competitive base salary, short term incentives, long-term incentives, paid holidays, 401(k) plan, vacation/sick time and medical/dental/vision insurance that begins the 1st of the month following your hire date.
- We play our part to make a difference. The HOPE League, Frontier Airlines' non-profit organization, is dedicated to providing employees financial assistance during catastrophic hardship.
Who We Are
Frontier Airlines is committed to offering ‘Low Fares Done Right' to more than 100 destinations and growing in the United States, Canada, Dominican Republic and Mexico on more than 350 daily flights. Headquartered in Denver, Frontier's hard-working aviation professionals pride themselves in delivering the company's signature Low Fares Done Right service to customers. Frontier Airlines is the proud recipient of the Federal Aviation Administration's 2018 Diamond Award for maintenance excellence and was recently named the industry's most fuel-efficient airline by The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) as a result of superior technology and operational efficiencies.
What Will You Be Doing?
Perform full life cycle software development related to Web and Enterprise Applications. Review, evaluate, design, develop, test, and implement company, department and enterprise application and solutions involving web services, data processing and reporting. Troubleshoot production issues for enterprise wide applications and resolve them to the satisfaction of customers.
Apply on company website