What Will You Be Doing?
As a working member of the group, the Lead Material Specialist is expected to manage all material movements out of Denver and assist other stations with questions/problems relating to materials movements and issuing.
- Controls all movement of materials with complete ownership of Material Services Control Desk
- Manages Material Control Board, ensures all parts movements are up to date, and upcoming items/events are planned and material staged to ensure no items are missed.
- Monitors email and is available for entire shift to answer calls from AOG, Outstations and Management
- Assigns parts to be pulled for Picklists, Transfer Orders and Transfer Picks and assures correct batches are pulled and all TRAX transactions are completed properly.
- Assigns Material Specialist to part runs and keeps updated information available to all on whiteboard.
- Requests couriers and assists in Engine movement paperwork and is cognizant of Charters and passes on information if occurring on next shift.
- Communicates to oncoming shift and Management with both verbal and written turnovers.
- Ensures that Tool Control is maintain by Tool Sign Out Sheet is completed and all tools not turned in are accounted for.
- Maintains the warehouse in a clean and orderly fashion at all times.
- Holds authority over Materials Control desk and movement of all materials.
- All other duties as reasonably requested by the Sr Manager, Materials Management
- Valid Driver's License for SIDA Badge driving privileges at Denver International Airport
- Must be detail driven and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously without direction
- Organized and proficient in documenting and coordinating warehouse activities
- Demonstrated ability to forecast demands of department to ensure people and assets are moving when needed to meet flight schedule
- Prior warehouse experience required
- Prior parts experience in the airline industry preferred
- High School Degree or GED
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- In-depth knowledge of the warehousing methods, procedures and techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Specialized knowledge of handling and shipping hazardous materials and electrically sensitive devices
- Knowledge of forklift, pallet jack, small truck and hand truck operation
General warehouse equipment: forklift, pallet jack, small truck and hand truck operation
Hanger and aircraft warehouse environment; temperatures may vary
24-hour operation may require shift or weekend work
Position requires strenuous physical work. Heavy lifting, pushing or pulling of objects up to 100 pounds occasionally and/or up to 50 pounds frequently.
Why Work for Frontier Airlines?
At Frontier, we believe the skies should be for everyone. We deliver on this promise through our commitment to Low Fares Done Right. This is more than our tagline - it's our driving philosophy. Every member of Team Frontier has an important role to play in bringing this vision to life. Our successful business model allows travelers to take advantage of our fast-growing route network while our bundled and unbundled pricing options allow our customers to personalize their travel experience and only pay for the services they need – saving them money along the way.
What We Stand For
Low Fares Done Right is our mission and we strive to bring it to life every day. Our ‘Done Right' promise means delivering not only affordable prices, but making travel friendly and easy for our customers. To do this, we put a great deal of care into every decision and action we take. We must be efficient with the use of our resources and make smart decisions about how we run our business. We must also innovate and be pioneers - we're not afraid to try new things. While our business requires us to fly high in the air, we also consider ourselves down-to-earth in our approach, creating a warm and friendly experience that truly demonstrates Rocky Mountain Hospitality.
At Frontier, we like to think we're creating something very special for our team members. Work is why we're here, but the perks are nice too:
- Flight benefits for you and your family to fly on Frontier Airlines.
- Buddy passes for your friends so they can experience what makes us so great.
- Discounts throughout the travel industry on hotels, car rentals, cruises and vacation packages.
- Discounts on cell phone plans, movie tickets, restaurants, luggage and over 2,000 other vendors.
- Enjoy a ‘Dress for your Day' business casual environment.
- Flexible work schedules that support work/life balance.
- Total Rewards program including a competitive base salary, short term incentives, long-term incentives, paid holidays, 401(k) plan, vacation/sick time and medical/dental/vision insurance that begins the 1st of the month following your hire date.
- We play our part to make a difference. The HOPE League, Frontier Airlines' non-profit organization, is dedicated to providing employees financial assistance during catastrophic hardship.
Who We Are
Frontier Airlines is committed to offering ‘Low Fares Done Right' to more than 100 destinations and growing in the United States, Canada, Dominican Republic and Mexico on more than 350 daily flights. Headquartered in Denver, Frontier's hard-working aviation professionals pride themselves in delivering the company's signature Low Fares Done Right service to customers. Frontier Airlines is the proud recipient of the Federal Aviation Administration's 2018 Diamond Award for maintenance excellence and was recently named the industry's most fuel-efficient airline by The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) as a result of superior technology and operational efficiencies.Disclaimer: The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature and level of work required of the referenced position; they are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Please be advised that duties and expectations of this position may be subject to change. Frontier Airlines, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Frontier Airlines, Inc. is a Zero Tolerance Drug-Free Workplace. All prospective employees are subject to pre-employment testing for the following drugs and their metabolites: Marijuana (THC), Cocaine, Amphetamines (including methamphetamines and MDMA), Opiates (including codeine, heroine, 6-Am, and morphine) and Phencyclidine (PCP). Further, any applicant who is found to have tested positive on any required drug or alcohol test at a former employer will be considered ineligible for employment with Frontier and their offer of employment rescinded.
Apply on company website