Why Work for Frontier Airlines?
At Frontier, we believe the skies should be for everyone. We deliver on this promise through our commitment to Low Fares Done Right. This is more than our tagline - it's our driving philosophy. Every member of Team Frontier has an important role to play in bringing this vision to life. Our successful business model allows travelers to take advantage of our fast-growing route network while our bundled and unbundled pricing options allow our customers to personalize their travel experience and only pay for the services they need – saving them money along the way.
What We Stand For
Low Fares Done Right is our mission and we strive to bring it to life every day. Our ‘Done Right' promise means delivering not only affordable prices, but making travel friendly and easy for our customers. To do this, we put a great deal of care into every decision and action we take. We must be efficient with the use of our resources and make smart decisions about how we run our business. We must also innovate and be pioneers - we're not afraid to try new things. While our business requires us to fly high in the air, we also consider ourselves down-to-earth in our approach, creating a warm and friendly experience that truly demonstrates Rocky Mountain Hospitality.
At Frontier, we like to think we're creating something very special for our team members. Work is why we're here, but the perks are nice too:
- Flight benefits for you and your family to fly on Frontier Airlines.
- Buddy passes for your friends so they can experience what makes us so great.
- Discounts throughout the travel industry on hotels, car rentals, cruises and vacation packages.
- Discounts on cell phone plans, movie tickets, restaurants, luggage and over 2,000 other vendors.
- Enjoy a ‘Dress for your Day' business casual environment.
- Flexible work schedules that support work/life balance.
- Total Rewards program including a competitive base salary, short term incentives, long-term incentives, paid holidays, 401(k) plan, vacation/sick time and medical/dental/vision insurance that begins the 1st of the month following your hire date.
- We play our part to make a difference. The HOPE League, Frontier Airlines' non-profit organization, is dedicated to providing employees financial assistance during catastrophic hardship.
Who We Are
Frontier Airlines is committed to offering ‘Low Fares Done Right' to more than 100 destinations and growing in the United States, Canada, Dominican Republic and Mexico on more than 350 daily flights. Headquartered in Denver, Frontier's hard-working aviation professionals pride themselves in delivering the company's signature Low Fares Done Right service to customers. Frontier Airlines is the proud recipient of the Federal Aviation Administration's 2018 Diamond Award for maintenance excellence and was recently named the industry's most fuel-efficient airline by The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) as a result of superior technology and operational efficiencies.
What Will You Be Doing?
The Manager, Outstation Materials maintains an adequate workforce that coincides with the cyclical demands of receiving, safeguarding, shipping, and issuing Frontier's multi-million dollar assets to the appropriate internal and external customer(s). Maintains highest level of accuracy and regulatory compliance related to all inventory transactions. Manages the above function in a multi-site, multiple shift environment.
This position is based in Orlando, FL and will travel 50-75% of the time to several Frontier Outstations throughout the United States.
- Manage, monitor and coordinate SMS activities as directed. These duties include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate the development, implementation, maintenance, and integration of the SMS throughout Frontier
- Identify hazards and safety risk assessments including change management.
- Ensure effectiveness of safety risk controls.
- Promote safety.
- Advise the accountable executive on the performance of the SMS and on any need for improvement.
- Accountable for achieving safety performance relative to job tasks.
- Manage risk acceptable level: blue or lower as defined by Frontier's company risk matrix.
- Direct Outstation Material Specialists in performing daily inventory transactions, shipping, and receiving duties and ensure regulatory compliance of all actions.
- Manage workflow and workforce scheduling across multiple shifts to fulfill the above function.
- Develop and implement best management practices (BM Ps) that meet and exceed internal customer expectations. Monitor these departmental performance standards.
- Provide continuous training to contracted Material Specialists.
- Complete various metric and management reports along with Material Operations.
- Maintain warehouse(s) in showcase quality at all times.
- Implement use of technology to generate efficiencies and increased accuracy of all transactions.
- Vol.D In departments without supervisors, ensure that personnel within the department including themselves have current training and qualifications to perform assigned tasks.
- Manages Frontier's Contracted & Outstation Material Specialists.
- All other duties as reasonably requested by the Sr Manager, Materials Management.
- Coordinate with other departments and vendors as need in ensuring cooperation and compliance to support Frontier's daily operational requirements.
- Monitors inventory control process and procedures at stations where contract Materials personnel are in place and assists in providing ongoing training & support as required.
- Acts as a liaison with business partners for task prioritization, training, and accountability in Materials functions.
· 5+ years previous supervisory experience required.
· Prior airline supervisory experience preferred.
· Valid Driver's License for SIDA Badge
· Transport aircraft parts and tooling between hangar and flight line
· Escort delivery vehicles into SIDA-controlled areas
· Inventory Control experience preferred
· Prior multi-site parts warehouse experience desirable
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Familiarity with Frontier's GMM and all other regulatory requirements associated with Part 121 of Federal Aviation Regulations
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to interface with cross-functional departments
· Proficient computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint & Visio)
· Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects
· Ability to interface with union officials and maintain integrity of agreement
· Must demonstrate behavior that portrays the company core values of Safety, Respect, Trust, Collaboration, Value, and Passion while communicating with personnel and acting on behalf of the company.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature and level of work required of the referenced position; they are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Please be advised that duties and expectations of this position may be subject to change.
Frontier Airlines, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Frontier Airlines is a Zero Tolerance Drug-Free Workplace. All prospective employees are subject to pre-employment testing for the following drugs and their metabolites: Marijuana, Cocaine, Amphetamines, Opioids and Phencyclidine (PCP). Further, any applicant who is found to have tested positive on any required drug or alcohol test at a former employer will be considered ineligible for employment with Frontier.
Apply on company website