Why Work for Frontier Airlines?
At Frontier, we believe the skies should be for everyone. We deliver on this promise through our commitment to Low Fares Done Right. This is more than our tagline - it's our driving philosophy. Every member of Team Frontier has an important role to play in bringing this vision to life. Our successful business model allows travelers to take advantage of our fast-growing route network while our bundled and unbundled pricing options allow our customers to personalize their travel experience and only pay for the services they need – saving them money along the way.
What We Stand For
Low Fares Done Right is our mission and we strive to bring it to life every day. Our ‘Done Right' promise means delivering not only affordable prices, but making travel friendly and easy for our customers. To do this, we put a great deal of care into every decision and action we take. We must be efficient with the use of our resources and make smart decisions about how we run our business. We must also innovate and be pioneers - we're not afraid to try new things. While our business requires us to fly high in the air, we also consider ourselves down-to-earth in our approach, creating a warm and friendly experience that truly demonstrates Rocky Mountain Hospitality.
At Frontier, we like to think we're creating something very special for our team members. Work is why we're here, but the perks are nice too:
- Flight benefits for you and your family to fly on Frontier Airlines.
- Buddy passes for your friends so they can experience what makes us so great.
- Discounts throughout the travel industry on hotels, car rentals, cruises and vacation packages.
- Discounts on cell phone plans, movie tickets, restaurants, luggage and over 2,000 other vendors.
- Enjoy a ‘Dress for your Day' business casual environment.
- Flexible work schedules that support work/life balance.
- Total Rewards program including a competitive base salary, short term incentives, long-term incentives, paid holidays, 401(k) plan, vacation/sick time and medical/dental/vision insurance that begins the 1st of the month following your hire date.
- We play our part to make a difference. The HOPE League, Frontier Airlines' non-profit organization, is dedicated to providing employees financial assistance during catastrophic hardship.
Who We Are
Frontier Airlines is committed to offering ‘Low Fares Done Right' to more than 100 destinations and growing in the United States, Canada, Dominican Republic and Mexico on more than 350 daily flights. Headquartered in Denver, Frontier's hard-working aviation professionals pride themselves in delivering the company's signature Low Fares Done Right service to customers. Frontier Airlines is the proud recipient of the Federal Aviation Administration's 2018 Diamond Award for maintenance excellence and was recently named the industry's most fuel-efficient airline by The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) as a result of superior technology and operational efficiencies.
What Will You Be Doing?
The Specialist, Safety Management System (SMS) is responsible for the oversight of the Frontier SMS and will coordinate efforts with assigned departments across Frontier to implement SMS policies, procedures, and practices and will assist the Manager of SMS Compliance in interfacing with regulatory authorities and obtaining approval on Frontier's SMS. Three SMS Specialists are required to ensure appropriate compliance, each with subject matter expertise in a different airline functional area – Technical Operations, Customer Service and Inflight.
- Assist an assigned management team with SMS processes including coordinating efforts of Frontier department interfaces to maintain the overall SMS (40%)
- Audit SMS compliance and report findings to the SMS Manager (10%)
- Assist the SMS manager and department management with development of continuous improvement efforts, documentation of processes, procedures, and controls of Frontier's SMS and maintain policies and procedures in an SMS manual (20%)
- Plan, coordinate and conduct appropriate SMS training for assigned organizational teams (10%)
- Assist in performing SRAs and maintaining the SMS database (10%)
- Interface with FAA on approval of elements of the SMS or corrective actions that must be taken to ensure Frontier's SMS is compliant with regulations (5%)
- Prepare SMS status updates for the Frontier leadership team (5%)
- Bachelor's degree in aviation, aviation safety, aviation management or related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience preferred
- 3 to 5 years' work experience at a Part 121 air carrier required
- Technical Operations Specialist – 1 to 3 years' experience in Technical Operations/Maintenance capacity and A&P Certificate preferred
- Customer Service Specialist – 1 to 3 years' experience in an airline customer service or ground handling (above or below wing) capacity preferred
- Inflight Specialist – 1 to 3 years' experience in an Inflight capacity preferred
- Experience in SMS and auditing preferred
- Operational experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations and ICAO ISARPs
- Knowledge of Safety Management System requirements, policy/program development, risk management, safety assurance, safety reporting, and safety promotion
- Excellent writing skills, including manual writing, report writing, and correspondence with government agencies
- Ability to make formal presentations, including advocacy of cultural change, to large and small groups
- Ability to instruct in a classroom setting
- Working knowledge of employee reporting software
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including database and spreadsheet programs
- Ability to perform statistical analysis and audits
- Ability to travel up to 10%
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature and level of work required of the referenced position; they are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Please be advised that duties and expectations of this position may be subject to change.
Frontier Airlines, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Frontier Airlines is a Zero Tolerance Drug-Free Workplace. All prospective employees are subject to pre-employment testing for the following drugs and their metabolites: Marijuana, Cocaine, Amphetamines, Opioids and Phencyclidine (PCP). Further, any applicant who is found to have tested positive on any required drug or alcohol test at a former employer will be considered ineligible for employment with Frontier.
Apply on company website