Director, Finance Operations
Frontier Communications Corporation is a leader in providing communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 25 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier's video offerings include Frontier FiOS® and Vantage TV by Frontier™ with 100 percent HD picture quality, Total Home DVR, instant channel change, enhanced search, Video on Demand, and much more. Business Edge™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses. More information about Frontier is available at www.frontier.com.
The Director of Finance will be responsible for the management of financial and operations analysis for the Field Operations team. The role will be integral in achieving expense and production objectives within Field Operations, as well as keeping leadership abreast key financial drivers and results across the organization.
The Director of Finance will work closely with the SVP of Field Operations to develop and deliver high-level initiatives, managing a team in executing strategic and corporate planning, budgeting, forecasting, and other analyses to enable financially-sound decision making in Field Operations.
- Ensure complete understanding of financial drivers, trends and results in the Field Operations team, including communicating and presenting findings to business unit leaders.
Financial and Operations Analysis
- Manage day to day assimilation, development and communication of critical information for achieving expense and production objectives.
- Manage capacity modeling and analysis, including business performance, staffing planning, and mid-month resource adjustments.
- Oversee variable cost analysis and management.
- Model best practices and success for replication.
- Assess staffing requests versus financial plans.
- Work with geographical owners to ensure understanding of performance versus budget /forecast and collaborate on attaining results.
- Manage initiatives modeling and tracking of delivery vs expectations by workgroup.
- Review and assess key performance indicators, cost drivers, performance versus benchmarks, forecasts/budgeting, and the translation of data into actionable information.
- Develop and deliver initiatives to enhance results.
- Manage the preparation and communication of the Field Operations budget by business segment, including clearly identified drivers.
- Compare plans vs. actuals.
- Gain formal buy in from business owners on plan.
- Track delivery across initiatives and business units.
- Manage the development of accurate monthly, quarterly and annual forecasts.
- Use advanced Excel techniques to build models for long-range forecasting.
- Clearly communicate forecasting to business leaders to ensure ownership of delivery.
- Work in close collaboration with the corporate FP&A team, ensuring all key dates are properly scheduled and adjustments are coordinated and updated as required.
- Lead the Field Operations team in utilizing best practices for financial planning, analysis and reporting.
- Assist with the growth, development and training of team members, effectively transferring skills and business/industry knowledge.
- Manage day to day task allocation, review deliverables, and communicate results to leadership teams.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in the following areas: accounting, capital expenditure analysis, budgeting and forecasting, financial planning, business planning, business analysis, internal controls, and financial reporting.
- Strong understanding of field operations, products, services, and development of business cases.
- Financial concepts including mastery of financial statement analysis, economic value added, and other valuation techniques, business case modeling, NPV/IRR, financial forecasting and an overall knowledge of accounting and budgeting principles.
- Strong experience leading highly analytical, finance-oriented teams.
- Exceptional communication and inter-personnel skills; including one-on-one, group, and presentation formats.
- Exceptional organizational skills and experience in dealing with multiple departments and deadlines at various levels of the Corporation.
B.S. in Accounting, Finance, or Economics. MBA preferred.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Apply on company website