Senior Application Developer (RPG, SQL) - Job
Frontier Communications is seeking talented individuals to help transform our iSeries AS400 environment to function more effectively as a network inventory and outside plant management platform. The ideal candidate has experience developing in RPG applications in an ILE environment and using Embedded SQL and a strong desire to elevate and modernize the application. The position will require creative thinking, problem solving, and well thought out architecture to implement innovative solutions.
Senior Application Developer (RPG, SQL) - Job Responsibilities Include:
- Experience with RPGIV-ILE and RPG FREE FORM, CL and CLLE, service programs and/or modules, and Embedded SQL. Familiar with iSeries OS for navigation and resolving compile issues which may be related to OS errors
- Mentor other application developers on the team with overall responsibility for underlying architecture of the code. Perform code reviews and interface with project and test teams
- Advise manager(s), solution architect(s), and developer(s) on requirements, design, and development for the platform. The expectation is that the senior developer will provide technical perspective and insight to the team
- Able to troubleshoot complex problems, coupled with analytical and debugging skills necessary to analyze issues related to RPGLE and CLLE, ability to modify programs, write fix programs to correct data, if necessary.
- Quickly learn Frontier's business processes surrounding network inventory, network provisioning, service qualification, and facility assignment
- Provide support for Frontier's core applications through analysis, design, and development
- Obtain a deep understanding of Frontier's order entry, billing, and inventory system so that you can architect, design, and develop long term strategic solutions to our most critical initiatives
- Implement modern best practices for development on the iSeries platform. Transform our current development stands and practices to utilize modern techniques
- Ability to manage projects and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment, attend and contribute to internal technical meetings, and assist in mentoring and training of other technical resources in the department.
- Successful candidate will have high standards for service to users/customers and be team oriented.
Senior Application Developer (RPG, SQL) - Software Skills:
- Language/Framework: RPG (IV/ILE Free), Embedded SQL, DDL, CLLE, DDS, CL, iSeries Query
- Databases: DB2/400
- Toolsets (experience with one or more): Hawkeye, DBU, X-Analysis, Rational Developer
- Source Control: Turnover, Aldon, or equivalent for change management
- SDLC: Agile-Scrum, Iterative, Waterfall
- Query AS400 Table Driven Query, SQL
- Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline or 4 years of experience
- Strong Analytical and Problem-solving skills
- Excellent written, verbal presentation, and organizational communication skills
- Organization and time management skills
- Experience with Java is desired – the plan is to refactor and transition some RPG code on the 400 to either Java or SQL depending on the complexity and resource consumption of the function
- Strong knowledge of telecommunications business processes and network topologies
- Expert on outside plant facilities and central office equipment
- In-depth knowledge of network provisioning, and advanced technical support functions
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Apply on company website