The Senior Internal Auditor is a key member of the Internal Audit team and has responsibility for performing financial, operational and compliance audits. He/she will be responsible for participating in SOX 404 compliance testing activities, and a variety of internal audit assignments, often in partnership and collaboration with other Internal Audit team members. The ideal candidate will bring a demonstrated understanding and desire to help drive a strong overall internal control environment for Frontier. With that, a keen ability to connect this work to the needs of the business bringing both a strong professional presence and technical expertise to their work.
- Perform the following in accordance with professional standards and department protocols:
- Conduct financial, operational, and compliance audits, which includes, but is not limited to providing support with the planning, design, fieldwork, and report writing phases of the audit.
- Execute SOX 404 and External Audit Direct Assist testing in accordance with previously developed test plans and document results in accordance with testing guidelines.
- Support the external audit function and effectively communicate with the external auditors.
- Incorporate data analytics and/or automation in audit procedures to drive efficiencies.
- Participate in the improvement of methodologies and tools incorporating process changes such as agile auditing.
- Effectively identify underlying root causes, best practices in control design and operational effectiveness and communicate results to management.
• Monitor through regular follow-up, the progress of management action plans resulting from past audits.
- Conduct risk assessments to help identify high-risk exposure areas and as a result, help the organization prioritize mitigation efforts.
• Participate in fraud investigations in response to Compliance Hotline or other similar activities.
• Support other Internal Audit assignments, as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance or an equivalent degree.
- 3+ years of professional experience in public accounting, internal audit, or consulting and/or relevant strong financial background.
- Demonstrated clear understanding of accounting and audit theories and principles.
- CIA, CPA or working towards certification preferred.
- Limited travel required, domestically.
Desired Skills & Abilities:
- Advanced skills on MS Office applications; working knowledge on audit software such as HighBond.
- Proficiency in data analytics
- Ability to prioritize work and to perform multiple tasks simultaneously while adhering to deadlines.
• Excellent project management skills.
- Proven ability to collaborate, influence and drive for results at all levels of the organization.
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills.
- Astute communicator, knowing when and what to communicate with relevant stakeholders to ensure no missed opportunities and/or no surprises.
- Demonstrated experience and strong desire to work as part of a team.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Detailed oriented.
- Brings a focus on continuous improvement to his/her work and desire to bring value-added results.
- Relevant industry experience, a plus.
- Brings high level of energy to his/her work and a positive, can-do attitude.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Apply on company website