Sr. Operations Manager – West Construction
This position supervises workforce of Local Managers, Field Technicians, and Vendors that install and maintain OSP network facilities, high-bandwidth services, and broadband services. The position duties include meeting service activation and repair commitment dates, maintaining revenue/expense objectives and promotion of new and existing company products.
- Has solid understanding of the business/department and is able to manage expense targets.
- Able to articulate business/departmental KPI's to work groups (i.e., can clearly set goals/objectives).
- Holds team accountable to clearly achieve results through coaching and performance management while creating a performance culture environment.
- Promotes new/existing products as required.
- Works with Engineering and Operations Center to monitor workload and schedule manpower and resources needed to meet workload demands, customer needs and company objectives.
- Responsible for determining and fulfilling the needs of the team for employee development and training.
- Communicate with other departments, e.g., Engineering, Operations Center, in an effort to improve the coordination between these departments as well as the overall quality of service experience for our customers.
- Quality control, i.e. tool inspections, building and vehicle inspections, quality assurance inspections etc.
- Be cognizant of and support revenue budget.
- Provide Capital Budget input as required.
- Positively represent Company through active community engagement and involvement
- Analyze operational reporting and utilize statistical process control tools to identify performance opportunities and provide corrective action plans as required.
- Business related functions: Employee time sheet approval, email administration, internal/external communications, procurement management, Varasset administration and overtime equalization.
- Consistently provides feedback and direction to local management, vendors, and field technical staff to ensure employee development, engagement and business knowledge; complete regular employee performance appraisals/reviews.
- Leverages all employee communication vehicles and opportunities (weekly/monthly/quarterly/one-on-ones) to obtain feedback on departmental goals, gains input on action plans and modifies direction as necessary and to engage and to hold employees accountable to overall business operations and results.
- Utilizes and leverages existing employee recognition programs to reward key contributions and positively impact employee morale.
- Partners with Human Resources to ensure firm, fair and consistent application of HR practices/policies and labor agreements.
- Ensures employee advocacy and a positive work environment by listening and responding to employee feedback, issues, questions and concerns in a timely manner. (When possible, 24-hour response time to all employee relations issues).
- Maintain a safe work environment by conducting regularly scheduled safety meetings, applicable safety training and reinforcing state/federal safety requirements within the work place. ·
- Engage in marketing initiatives to promote the Company's products and services (i.e., TTL and marketing events).
- Support employees that directly interface with the customers by removing barriers, soliciting process improvement suggestions and streamlining the work.
- Respond to issues identified on Customer Surveys, works with teams to ensure action plans are developed and ensures follow-up on customer issue resolution identified in action plans.
- Minimum 5 years of direct related telephone/access installation and repair experience
- 2-3 years Outside Plant Construction installation and repair experience.
- Basic knowledge of FTTH and data networking.
- Advance knowledge of plant service center, central office and outside plant functions.
- Must possess strong leadership and interpersonal skills along with a strong work ethic, and the ability to work well under pressure and/or with deadlines.
- Must possess basic understanding of electronics, electrical circuitry, network installation, maintenance and testing.
- Must be able to interact with internal/external customers and assist with problem resolution.
- Must demonstrate good oral and written communication skills.
- Must possess basic PC skills: Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook.
- Must take pride and ownership in work, and exhibit a willingness to learn.
Education, certification and/or license requirements:
- Must possess a valid State driver's license.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
- BA/BS in Telecommunications, Operations Management or Business Administration preferred or direct related experience.
- Successful completion/certification in related technical fields or vendor equipment desired.
Environmental Factors/Physical Requirements:
- Must be available 24/7 to support off-shift technicians and emergency situations as needed.
- Must be able to work in inclement weather.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Apply on company website