Supervisor, Network Operations, Advanced Technical Services – Job and Requirements
- Working knowledge of the following systems:
- SIMPL Matrix 5
- Triad EMS/ AMS
- GWR Netcool
- DPI Eco Manage
- Work with IT/ OSS teams diagnosing and resolving issues
- Drive the Service Incident Report (SIR) process for ATS team
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency in resolving customer impacting issue, involving other organizations as needed in resolution or escalating as necessary
- Strong customer service skills and ability to inspire the same within their team – cannot let our customers down.
- Understands and knows how to achieve a balanced scorecard (Field Tech calls, TSO BOLD chats, Offline Tickets, Outages / Common Cause functions, AHT, ASA, ACW, Attendance, Productivity, Adherence).
- Drives performance in team and holds self and others accountable.
- Delivers consistent performance. Does not tolerate poor or inconsistent performance.
- Able to identify gaps in both technical and soft skills (empathy, patience, etc.) for self and others.
- Is always striving for better performance…is not satisfied with “good enough” or just meeting objectives
- Is always learning and willing to learn new things. Know where to find material/resource if they don't know the answer- be able to say they don't know something, and then follow through with the answer – (dependability)
- Attends every training that is offered to their agents, as well as invests in themselves through attending Cornerstone courses/webcasts, articles, etc. Knows what they are coaching to.
- Is able to assess risks and make decisions.
- Ability to analyze and extricate data. Able to correlate KPI results to behaviors that will positively impact results.
- Sets objectives and expectations early and revisits them often. Committed to dealing/addressing with team performance opportunities.
- Is willing to do what it takes to get the job done right. Understands that the job of a coach is not a 40-hour workweek.
- Produces quality documentation that demonstrates his/her role in helping employees be successful (Coaching sessions, PIP, discipline, etc.)
- Has an excellent grasp of the CBA (collective bargain agreement) and is able to create a partnership with the union of understanding, support and success.
- Have the ability to recognize talent and encourage continued personal and professional development.
- Understands that not all people learn the same way and finds alternate ways to teach.
Teamwork and Engagement (peers and associates):
- Takes responsibility for performance of the center, not just his/her own team. Addresses bad behavior even when it is outside his/her own team.
- Knows team and takes a personal interest in each individual's success.
- Fosters relationships within immediate center by teaming with peers--- not just some peers, but all.
- Steps up and volunteers to help others, both peers and subordinates, without being told.
- Ability to work cross-functionally to create/develop processes, procedures, or tools.
- Know how to motivate their team, even when they themselves are tired or frustrated.
- Knows when and how to delegate.
- Takes responsibility for actions. Learns from mistakes.
- Shows up on time (or early) for shift.
- Always does the right thing, even when no one is watching.
- Develops own best practices and looks for best practices from others.
- Is self-motivated. Looks for opportunities to improve performance without being asked.
- Continuously “Thinks out of the box” to come up with new ideas/solutions- open to new ideas
- Not afraid to hold those difficult conversations that can lead to corrective actions.
- Has ability to separate personal issues from professional expectations
- Is resilient and stays positive. Will not stop searching until the question is answered.
- Ability to adjust quickly and embrace change.
- Views coaching as a team building experience and an opportunity to share and learn from others
- Is respectful to others and helps create a respectful workplace. Follows code of conduct without fail.
- Always represents the company in the most positive terms, does not engage in negative talk about Frontier Communications or Frontier Communications' leadership or management team (at any level).
- Is honest with team and creates an environment that not being honest is unacceptable when working for them and Frontier Communications. Following the code of conduct is paramount.
- 1-3 years of management experience
- High school diploma or GED required
- CCNA, PMP or CWNP a plus
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in IT a plus or equivalent work experience
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Apply on company website