Be a part of the nationwide law enforcement initiative that removes the tools of crime from criminal organizations, depriving wrongdoers of proceeds from their crime and impacting the infrastructure of criminal enterprises. Compass Strategy Solutions (CSS) specializes in cultivating tactical and strategic intelligence personnel, financial analysts, and forensic accountants, to support law enforcement efforts domestically and overseas. CSS has a vacancy for a Paralegal/Legal Assistant II. In this role, you will be supporting the overall mission of the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA).
- Assists attorney in reviewing case material, to include gathering and analyzing case material and preparing a digest of selected decisions/opinions, including legal references. May provide Legal Clerk review.
- Drafts, edits, and reviews non-legal information, creates correspondence, and research reports.
- Helps prepare for trial by organizing exhibits and assists in creating and organizing statistical charts and photographs.
- Interviews potential witnesses and prepares summary interview reports.
- Reviews prepared legal documents to confirm the citations and legal references included in the documents.
- Attends pre-trial meetings to review case materials for missing documents or other questionable material and may request further information to correct deficiencies.
- After/during trial prepares summaries of testimony and depositions.
- Investigates facts and laws of cases and searches public records to prepare cases and determine causes of action, as well as researches reports and correspondence relating to cases.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Forfeiture Support Associates (FSA), LLC is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote qualified persons in all job titles without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender, HIV status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation (including gender expression and identity), veteran status, family leave status or any protected group status as deﬁned by applicable law.
Apply on company website