Are you that relentless "Can Do" attitude type with a passion for genuinely connecting and delivering extraordinary results? We have an awesome opportunity!
The Director of Admissions and Outreach Assistant serves as the assistant for the admissions, marketing, and outreach at Barnstable Academy. The assistant is both an integral part of the campus family and the school's ambassador to the community. They will meet with educational and healthcare professionals in the community, forming new relationships and maintaining existing ones, so that Barnstable is part of a community of resources and support. The DA Assistant is also the initial point of contact for families inquiring about admission, and a vital contributor to on-campus events and culture. To excel in these dual missions, a DA Assistant must be able to find multiple balances: between numbers and relationships, confidence and vulnerability, connection and autonomy, passion and compassion. An amazing DA Assistant is driven, creative and poised. They communicate with great clarity and empathy. They bond with students, families, staff and professionals. They know their audience and tend to impress. They hit targets and touch hearts. If this role sounds like the right sort of adventure for you, please send a letter of interest and your resume.
Here's some of what you'll be doing day to day:
- Promoting Barnstable enrollment opportunities and programs to professionals such as therapists, psychiatrists, and educators in the surrounding communities, via phone calls, emails and face-to-face visits both on and off campus.
- Developing new relationships with local associations & community-based organizations and maintaining existing relationships with these groups by attending group meetings.
- Creating opportunities to bring visitors onto the Barnstable campus.
- Recording and reporting key metrics through use of internal tracking systems.
- Managing a marketing, outreach and admissions budget.
- Coordinating school marketing, public relations and event management.
- Developing an annual community awareness and outreach plan.
- 'Owning' the student admissions process, including initial inquiries from parents, campus tours, and ensuring a 'celebrity experience' for the enrolling family.
- Utilizing Social Media outlets to post updates about the campus.
- Other duties as assigned.
Interested? We hope so. Here's what we're looking for you to bring to the team:
- A Bachelor's degree. (Master's degree preferred.)
- A background in counseling and/or education – This is an important consideration as much of the communication and outreach is done with local professionals in the fields of mental health and education.
- School admissions experience.
- Marketing and/or sales experience (preferred.)
- Patience and a problem-solving approach to issues.
- Excellent organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Advanced skills in Word, Excel, and Outlook (preferred.)
- A strong goal and results orientation.
- A high level of integrity and professionalism.
- Persuasive oral and advanced written communication skills.
- High customer service focus.
- Personal motivation and passion about achieving goals and deadlines.
- Experience using a Customer Relationship Management System. (preferably Salesforce)
- An ability to be understand and report on goals/metrics.
- Enthusiasm and flexibility.
Compensation & Benefits
Salary is DOE. Excellent bonus opportunities are available. Barnstable offers a full complement of benefits including health, dental, 401K, basic life and AD&D insurance, and long term disability insurance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.
Apply on company website