DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
This position is located at the Tampa Bay campus in St. Petersburg Florida
Galen College of Nursing is a vibrant and growing, single-purpose nursing college focused on expanding access to quality nursing education. Our culture is at the forefront of everything we do. Galen's fundamental goals are to be the best place for nursing education and the best place to work and one cannot be true without the other.
At Galen College of Nursing, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Mental Health Coverage
Learn more about Employee Benefits
As you consider joining Galen, please carefully consider how you will model the culture we embrace and look to sustain. A culture where good ideas can come from anywhere and transparency is vital. Respect, accountability and integrity are non-negotiables, and commitment is created and sustained through the development of all employees. We care about each other and our students. We look for ways to exceed expectations and we are always looking for ways to improve and grow, while delivering the promise of extraordinary nursing education, matched only by a commitment to our students' success.
If you feel our culture aligns with your strength of experience, attitude and authentic desire to work with great people to help changes lives, we'd love to talk!
Position OverviewGalen College of Nursing is looking for an HR Business Partner to provide HR support to campus leadership, including recruitment, staffing, employee relations, benefits, and training. Responsibilities:
- Provide day-to-day support for the campus in the areas of recruitment, benefit education, staffing, new hire onboarding, employee relations, data and file maintenance.
- Plays a key role in the management and implementation of HR related projects and initiatives on the campus.
- Develops and maintains an in-depth business knowledge in order to proactively identify opportunities and solutions to emerging issues in the college.
- Consults with leadership, providing HR guidance and policy interpretation, when appropriate.
- Builds and leverages relationships across the organization in order to drive change and support leaders in achieving their goals. Coaches and advises leaders on employee and organizational issues.
- Work with campus leadership to attract, hire and retain qualified candidates and employees,
- Participate in networking, job fair and/or other gatherings to promote the College, encourage applicants and communicate opportunities with Galen.
- Collaborate with campus leadership to plan, design, and implement a retention strategy to retain experienced staff from leaving the College.
- Conducting stay interviews and exit interviews on an ongoing basis and making recommendations to the HR Director and campus leaders as a result.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Minimum of a Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution in Human Resources or a related field.
- Strong understanding of healthcare or higher education field preferred
- Two to five years in a similar HR position required with an additional two to five years as a recruiter preferred.
- Experience using strong communication and self-management skills; prioritizing responsibilities and maintaining a strong connection to remote leadership while working with little direct supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal and commination skills, facilitation or conflict resolution skills, network and relationship building skills required.
- Familiar with local medical community organizations and networks strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of issues and research related to student success, retention, and student support
- Ability to manage and handle multiple competing priorities required.
- Interpret and communicate HR policies and processes.
- Work with remote leadership and with dotted line reporting at the local level.
- Work efficiently and collectively across all levels of the organization, with contractors, students, and others as applicable.
- Use multi-media tools and resources that would be helpful in locating qualified nurses.
- Communicate orally with co-workers, customers, clients, or the public in a face-to-face; one-on-one setting or using a telephone.
- Travel may be required.
Degree of Supervision: Minimal
Physical/Mental Demands and Work Environment: Position requires mental activity, reading, planning, preparing, evaluating, and decision making. Physical demands in classroom and office are minimal and considered sedentary work with occasional lifting and/or carrying such articles as records, files, and books (10 pounds maximum). Operation of standard office equipment such as phone, computer, classroom projector, Scantron, and printer/scanner, occurs on a frequent basis.
Galen College Values:
Inclusivity: I foster an environment that provides opportunity for every individual to reach their full potential.
Character: I act with integrity and compassion in all I do.
Accountability: I own my role and accept responsibility for my actions.
Respect: I value every person as an individual with unique contributions worthy of consideration.
Excellence: I commit myself to the highest level of quality in everything I do.
At Galen College of Nursing, we offer a unique educational experience we call Pure Nursing. With a focus on nursing education, our knowledgeable and caring faculty and staff take personal interest in helping our students achieve their goals. Galen is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award Associate, Baccalaureate, and Master's Degrees. Our baccalaureate degree in nursing program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), and the associate and master's degree in nursing programs are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). For complete information related to Galen's accreditation status, please visit our website.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website