Position Summary: The Communications and Information Technology Specialist is responsible for the maintenance of task order information and communications programs along with providing technical assistance.
- Plans, installs, troubleshoots, and performs maintenance on communications and information technology (IT) systems for task order information and communications programs
- Consolidates system and network statistics and reports, and submits them to our client
- Provides technical assistance and unit level training for Contractor personnel
- Establishes workload, work schedules, and maintenance priorities
- Operates and performs preventative maintenance checks and service (PMCS) on assigned equipment, vehicles, generators, commercial off the shelf (COTS) computer hardware and software, local area networks (LANs) and wide area networks (WANs)
- Instructs selected personnel in basic computer operation, word processing, and e-mail functions
- Maintains inventories of all assigned equipment
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned according to the needs of the customer/client
FLSA Status: Full-Time
- Must be a US citizen
- Must possess a minimum of two (2) years of maintenance experience in military electronic systems, computer systems, communication systems, communications security, and satellite systems, equivalent to MOS 25U Signal Support System Specialist (MOS 31U prior to FY 2005).
- Must possess Microsoft Certified Systems Expert (MCSE) certification in two subject areas
Physical Demands: The physical demands listed below, though not fully inclusive, are that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time. The employee is frequently required to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
GardaWorld Federal Services and family of companies is an EOE Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled. We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Apply on company website