Position: Kennel Technician
Location: Summit Point, WV
FSLA Status: Full or Part Position (40 Hours)
Kennel Technician is responsible for all health, welfare and sanitation functions associated with support of the GWFS kennel. The Kennel Tech reports to the Kennel Manager. Duties include:
• Conducting daily kennel sanitation and deep cleaning
• Feeding dogs
• Providing medication to dogs
• Weighing dogs
• Walking dogs
• Grooming dogs
• Reporting all issues to Kennel Manager
• Completing documentation as required
• Maintain k9 files as directed
• Providing overall health and welfare of GWFS dogs
• Other duties as required.
• Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned by Kennel Manager
Crucial Requirements and Abilities:
• Understanding of administrative functions
• Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
Physical Demands: The physical demands listed below, though not fully inclusive, are that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time
• The employee is frequently required to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
• The employee is required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• The employee will work in a temperature-controlled kennel office with frequent tasked conducted outside in both hot and cold climates.
• During outside tasks, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to work independently
• Willingness to work outside during kennel scheduled business hours
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands
• Self-motivated ability to perform well in a high pace, fast changing work environment
• Ability to identify risk situations and coordinate solutions with management
• Strong organization skills.
• Ability to work well with others under deadline situations
• Flexibility and maturity are a must
Aegis Corporation and family of companies is an EOE. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled. We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Apply on company website