Position Summary: The Physician Assistant (PA) will assist in the treatment of minor injuries suffered during security operations and the stabilization and preparation for transport of injured personnel or personnel with sickness that warrants transfer to a higher level medical facility. The Physician Assistant will also ensure that medical kits supplied to all personnel and those medical kits provided by the contractor for placement in operational vehicles are maintained as to contents and serviceability.
- Provide support to the Medical Officer
- Ensure that all personnel are fit for duty (preventive and corrective medicine)
- Treat minor/major injuries
- Stabilize injured personnel or personnel with illnesses requiring transfer
- Ensure that all personnel are supplied with medical kits prior to operations
- Ensure that all medical equipment and perishables are update and maintained
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned according to the needs of the customer/client
FLSA Status: Full-Time
- The contract requires you to be a U.S. Citizen must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Level Security Clearance
- Level three (3) English language proficiency.
- Must be trained and certified to current US recognized medical standards.
- Must possess current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) certification.
- Must have successfully completed Tactical Combat Casualty Care (TCCC), a comparable advanced trauma course featuring exceptional simulation training within the last ninety (90) days.
- Must possess a minimum of five (5) years of PA experience, with a majority of this experience being within an emergency room and/or in direct support of military operations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Effective patient engagement and care
- Awareness of importance of protection of confidential data
- Ability to economically use time, equipment and supplies
- Dedication to safety and welfare of patients and other employees
- Must be able to instill confidence in patients and personnel; determine proper procedures and methods and evaluate results
- Must be able to make decisions on his/her own; adapt to emergency situations; be alert to changes in the patient's condition
- A keen attention to detail
- Familiarity with tools, techniques and procedures of emergency and trauma medicine
- Prior experience in the military is preferred
Physical Demands: The physical demands listed below, though not fully inclusive, are that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be able to remain in a stationary position for a long period of time. The employee is frequently required to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
GardaWorld and family of companies is an EOE. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled. We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Apply on company website