Position Summary: The Subcontracts Manager is a critical position within the Contracts/Procurement Department. The Subcontract Manager is responsible for leading the sourcing, selection, award and administration of all Company subcontracts.
- Prepares requests for proposals consistent with customer solicitations/contracts, federal statutes and regulations, and Company policies and procedures
- Evaluates proposal submissions, identifies risk and mitigation strategies, develops negotiation plans and negotiates, and administers subcontracts in accordance with Company practices
- Participates in strategic sourcing decisions and teaming agreement generation
- Collaborates with program management and other multi-functional teams
- Reacts to urgent requirements, applies supply chain knowledge and experience to successfully
navigate high-pace and high-level expectations
- Educates Program teams, direct reports, and suppliers on processes, capabilities, policy, FAR/DFARS, and basic subcontracting principles
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned
Location: McLean, VA
FLSA Status: Full-Time
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of six (6) years of progressive subcontracts/procurement experience
- Direct Federal procurement and subcontracting experience; preferably within a services industry
- Must be familiar, comfortable and confident with a high-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills, as well as excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with little supervision and apply sound judgment to problem solving
- Possess general knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) / Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) and associated Federal Contracting regulations
- Ability to multi-task and make decisions in a timely manner
- Experience with international subcontracting is highly desirable
Physical Demands: The physical demands listed below, though not fully inclusive, are that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time. The employee is frequently required to move about
inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch,
or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to
fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
GardaWorld Federal Services and family of companies is an EOE Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled. We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Apply on company website