Driven by Possibility Gates Corporation is a leading manufacturer of application-specific fluid power and power transmission solutions. At Gates, we are driven to push the boundaries of materials science to engineer products that continually exceed expectations. We don't rest on our rich heritage of innovation. We leverage it to inspire solutions that will power the next hundred years. We invest continually in R&D and technology, so our products not only outperform industry standards; they exceed our customers' demanding expectations. We invest in our people, bringing real-world experience that enables us to solve our customers' diverse challenges of today and anticipate those of tomorrow. And we are constantly expanding our product catalog and value-added service offerings to support every facet of our customers' operations. In the most extreme environments and those more familiar, Gates is there with the right product, in the right place at the right time. Whether building original equipment or maintaining products in the aftermarket, we enable companies in every industry to be more efficient, productive, and profitable. We are Gates. POSITION SUMMARY:
The position is responsible for supporting Gates Corporation's trade compliance strategy. The Customs and Trade Compliance Manager supports purchasing, export, import, product development, finance and other functions with HTS classifications, origin, trade programs and documentation for importing into and exporting out of the Americas. This role facilitates US Customs' Trusted Trader programs (Importer Self-Assessment -ISA and Customs Trade Partnership Against Terrorism -C-TPAT), ACH Periodic Month Statements, Duty Drawback, Bonds, Management Reports and KPIs and oversees transactional processes to ensure accuracy, timeliness and conformity to company policies and US regulations. The Customs and Trade Compliance manager will build and sustain relationships with US Customs, Foreign Affiliates, Customers, Suppliers, Global Logistics Providers, Parcel Carriers, and Customs brokers. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with suppliers to obtain vendor country of origin certification, reviews products for FTA eligibility and provides customers with FTA and Declaration of origin certification in a timely and compliant manner. Evaluates and properly classifies new and existing manufactured products machinery, raw materials and resale products according to the USHTS.
- Conducts HTS and entry audits and ensures business is adhering to the proper execution of customs' requirements. Reconciles issues as they are identified and implement corrective action as required.
- Manages Trusted Trade Programs: Administers C-TPAT/ISA Portals, drafts ISA Annual Notification Letter, conducts C-TPAT Vendor Verifications and develops associate training.
- Creates and implements policies and operating procedures for import/export operations and compliance. Develops associate compliance training.
- Acts as a subject matter expert to ensure operational compliance with U.S. and international trade compliance laws.
- BS/BA or equivalent (8 years of experience) with 5 years specific experience in Import/ Trade Compliance, including the administration of Free Trade Agreements, USHTS classification, and import brokerage operations.
- Licensed US Customs Broker or willingness to successfully obtain license within 18 months of hire
- Excellent knowledge of international trade, including
- US import and export regulations
- Free Trade Agreements
- Origin and Marking determination
- HTS classification
- Customs valuation
- Duty Drawback
- International documentation requirements
- Importer Self-Assessment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Microsoft Office skills required with strong Excel and Access preferred
- Diligent attention to detail
- Time management/prioritization and follow up skills
- Professional and diplomatic manner
- Ability to identify and solve complex problems
- Licensed Customs Broker preferred
- Certified Import Specialist, or willingness to obtain certification within first year
- NAFTA/FTA compliance and certification experience
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Fast paced and high stress; requires the ability to adapt to change
- Continuous improvement culture
- Some travel required
Apply on company website