Role Summary: The Field Engineer is fully qualified to perform service in one modality, and may have basic training in one or more additional modalities. Acts as the primary GEHC Services face to the customer. Responsible for meeting the daily service repair needs of designated equipment, and drives customer satisfaction through Service Excellence. This role is based in Washington, DC.
Essential Responsibilities: 1. Under minimal supervision, serve as GE Healthcare lead to assigned customers; complete troubleshooting, installation, validation, maintenance, and service repair needs on designated equipment. May assist and/or train less experienced Field Engineers.
2. Own customer issues from dispatch or identification of issue to resolution. Proactively engage with other team members to ensure they are aware of status of all issues at all times for their designated customers.
3. Effectively communicate and partner with teammates and colleagues.
4. Maintain regular, frequent communication with customers to ensure resolution and proper follow-up, leading to customer satisfaction.
5. Understand and communicate business goals and objectives to the broader GE team servicing assigned customers.
6. Partner with the customer and recommend value-added services that will help the customer run their business more efficiently.
7. Keep up to date on administrative responsibilities such as maintaining customer service logs and internal service records in a timely manner, ordering repair parts, and managing cycle times.
8. Utilize the GEHC escalation process, as needed, and work closely with region and national support to define and implement corrective action plans to resolve customer issues in a timely manner.
9. Serve as a member of the account community for key accounts. Effectively engage commercial counterparts, identify potential sales leads, participate in sales opportunities such as contract renewals, and assist with promoting and implementing revenue programs.
10. Focus on customer needs and satisfaction, while building on and enhancing the relationship with the customer to ultimately become a perceived partner in their business.
11. Keep up to date with competitor information and market trends.
12. Identify business opportunities for the organization.
13. Complete on-time and accurate Preventative Maintenance and Field Modification Instruction as needed.
14. May include application training of clinical or scientific staff on designated equipment.
Qualifications/Requirements: 1. Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field and 2+ years of experience servicing electrical equipment; OR equivalent military education and 2+ years of experience servicing electrical equipment; OR High School Diploma/GED and 6+ years of experience servicing electrical equipment.
2. Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as part of a solution based service process.
3. Experience diagnosing and repairing mechanical, electromechanical, and/or electronic equipment.
4. Experience troubleshooting and responding to customer concerns.
5. Experience with Web applications as well as Microsoft suite of products.
6. The successful applicant must comply with GEHC's standard background check, including a post-offer drug test. In addition, during employment, the employee must comply with all customer access policies, including but not limited to obtaining and/or providing proof of required immunizations, and additional drug tests or background checks (including a federal government background check if assigned to support a contract with the federal government).
7. Special Physical Requirements: Candidate must be able to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 35 lbs. unassisted and frequently bend, stoop, twist, climb, crouch/squat, kneel/crawl, sit and stand for long periods of time. Candidate must also be able to reach at, above and below shoulder level, flex/extend neck and have good hand and finger dexterity. Specific vision abilities required by this job may include color, close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
8. Must have and maintain a valid Driver's License.
9. Willingness to be available "after hours", or work a rotating On-Call schedule, including weekends, for critical issues and coverage, as necessary.
1. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position.
2. Meet Health and Human Services, Environment Health and Safety and/or all other applicable regulatory requirements.
3. Complete all planned Quality, EHS & Compliance training within the defined deadlines.
4. Identify and report any and all customer quality or compliance concerns immediately to the Quality Organization.
5. Identify and report any personal quality or compliance concerns immediately to the Quality Organization.
6. Ensure timely dispatch closure (if applicable).
7. Identify and report any unsafe workplace conditions or unsafe acts to the EHS Organization.
8. Ensure completion of all field modifications instructions (FMI's) within prescribed timeframe (if applicable).
9. Participate in continuous improvement activities by identifying and appropriately escalating process and product quality gaps, providing solutions when possible.
10. Maintain tools and test equipment properly and ensuring they are calibrated.
Must be willing to work a flexible shift schedule.
Must comply with all vendor credentialing requirements.
Desired Characteristics: 1. Strong coaching and mentoring skills.
2. Strong time management and organization skills and ability to juggle multiple responsibilities.
4. Strong networking and interpersonal skills.
5. Training and experience in multiple modalities.
6. Demonstrated understanding that customers determine our success.
7. Operate with efficiency and sense of urgency.
8. Willingness to learn and adapt to changing environments.
9. Empower and inspire others.
10. Ability to deliver results in an uncertain environment.
11. In the Life Sciences business you must be a Field Engineer Level 1 for 2 years before moving to a Field Engineer Level 2.
About Us: GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). Additional Locations: United States;District of Columbia;Washington, DC;
Apply on company website