Role Summary: The Indirect Lead Sourcing Specialist will be the single point of contact for sourcing requests for the respective location of Marlborough, MA or Logan UT/Issaquah, WA. In this role, the indirect sourcing leader will provide local site sourcing leadership and support to stakeholders at all levels in the organization. In addition, this role will align closely with the global indirect sourcing commodity team to ensure global strategies are deployed effectively in the region.
Essential Responsibilities: Position will be located in one of the following locations: Marlborough, MA, USA or Logan UT, USA
• Be the single point of contact for sourcing reqests for the respective location of Marlborough, MA or Logan, UT/Issaquah, WA.
• Provide local site sourcing leadership and support to stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
• Interact closely with the indirect team to ensure global strategies are deployed effectively in the region.
• Drive cost improvements by negotiating with suppliers and report on site key Indirect Sourcing metrics (e.g. savings, Days-to-Pay, etc.)
• Lead regular sourcing execution reviews with internal clients.
• Faclitate cross-functional workouts and efforts as related to sourcing processes and related cost improvements.
• Lead various initiatives and projects related to indirects sourcing (e.g . small buy negotiations, supplier rationalizations, VMI, etc)
• Drive Simplification projects on sourcing processes and tools.
• Conduct training on sourcing processes and serve as key point of contact on sourcing process inquiries.
• Drive sourcing process compliance; Provide input to and deployment support of procedures and guidelines as necessary.
NOTE: GE employees may be considered for this role. Candidates should note that this role will be in scope for the proposed transition of GE Biopharma to Danaher and will transfer to Danaher at close of this transaction. For at least two (2) years post the proposed close sale date* Biopharma employees will not be able to transfer into any role in other parts of GEHC or in another GE business.
* The sale of the GE Healthcare Life Sciences Biopharma business to Danaher is subject to customary closing conditions, including regulatory reviews and appropriate consultation processes, and is expected to close as early as the first quarter of 2020.
Qualifications/Requirements: • BA or BS degree or other advanced degree in Business Administration, Economics, Purchasing or equivalent.
• At least 5 years of experience in Sourcing, Project Management, Finance, or Operations.
• Excellent interpersonal communications and negotiation skills with ability to influence at all levels of the organization.
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills; strong PC and database management skills.
• Strong communication (verbal, written & presentation); skilled in working collaboratively with remote personnel.
• Self starter who can work independently with key stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
• Strong Project management & process improvement skills.
Desired Characteristics: • Green or Black Belt certified
• Strong Experience with Oracle ERP, SSP, or other purchasing systems.
• Experience leading simplification projects.
• Experience in indirect sourcing as a site indirect sourcing leader.
• Experience in the Healthcare industry.
• Experience with divestitures.
About Us: GE Healthcare Life Sciences www.corporate.gehealthcare.com There is no other life sciences company quite like GE Healthcare Life Sciences. A $5 billion business with more than 11,000 individuals in over 100 countries, we are at work enabling a new era in medicine. For more than 60 years, GE Healthcare Life Sciences has globally supported the development and use of new therapies, helping accelerate the journey from biological understanding to clinical therapy. GE Healthcare Life Sciences works with cutting edge technology enabling and advancing the discovery, diagnosis and medical treatments of the present and the future. We are accelerating biology to cell therapy in ways no other company can. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter and watch our discoveries in action on our YouTube channel.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). Additional Locations: United States;Massachusetts;Marlborough,;
Apply on company website