Role Summary: The Core Services ITR Engineer based in Beijing/ Kuala Lumpur, will play a key role in the Steam Power Generator ITR Engineering team, dedicated to enabling the Asia Region to tender & execute projects to a high quality and provide customer facing engineering support at all phases of the ITR process.
Essential Responsibilities: As a Core Services ITR Engineer, you will be expected to work with Sales & CSLs through the tendering phase of the ITO/ OTR process, collaborate with the Global Repair Network & Sourcing to determining costs, support the outage planning and scoping of customer projects. Assure compliance with design standards/ practices/ internal processes, and be on-time in fulfilling program objectives, schedules, cost and quality requirements. The Core Services ITR Engineer will also support projects through execution with engineering requests and dispositions. In this role, you will:
• Provide primary support through the ITO/ OTR tendering phases as the technical lead for the bid, including scope description, BOM, RFQ review, technical clarifications, technical risk identification, TRS and when appropriate provision of costing and schedule.
• Escalate issues as required acting as the liaison between the field and design engineering to drive specific technical resolution and to help engineering identify, drive corrective actions.
• Provide outage planning and RTS for the regional fleet of Generators.
• Support technology transfer into the GRS/ Field Core networks and region engineering teams.
• Provide technical guidance, both through collaboration and consultation, to less experienced engineers and to other individuals responsible for Generator service/ repairs.
• Support cost reduction, cycle reduction, and product quality enhancement projects.
• Author or contribute to the development of FSI procedures/ work instructions/ standards and design practices associated with this technology area. Highlight lessons learned and makes repair practices/ design standards changes or other appropriate changes in practices to prevent reoccurrence.
• Ensure technical risks are managed effectively to the successful delivery of the system.
Qualifications/Requirements: • Degree qualified, or equivalent, in Engineering
• Considerable experience of generator outage planning and processes, including routine inspections, overhauls, rewinding activities, brazing methods, insulation technologies and associated measurements.
• Knowledge and experience of synchronous generator design and construction
• Focused on Quality, Cost, On-time, and On-budget Performance
• Has contributed to the solving of significant technical problems in engineering and execution processes
• Metric focused and excellent communication and presentation capability
• High-energy team player with strong interpersonal skills who can liaise with a wide range of people, from operations through to senior management.
• Strong process discipline with sound analytic skills
• Excellent communication skills (presentations, written and verbal).
• Decisive problem solver with a strong customer service mindset.
• Creative and innovative mindset with an ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment.
About Us: GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com Additional Locations: China;BeiJing, HuBei;Beijing, Wuhan;
Apply on company website