Role Summary: Conduct the quality activities of the welding fabrication suppliers used by SP with the objective of creating a strong supplier base to support the SP business needs, drive supplier qualification, process control, continuous improvement, and issue resolution activities.
Essential Responsibilities: Establish a structured approach to identify and improve quality assurance gaps as related to GE Steam Power quality processes and procedures.
• Drive continuous improvement activities at Suppliers to include product quality, cycle, and delivery performance through use of quality tools and methodology.
• Drive COF and defect reduction activities for supply base and establish process to ensure best practices and top suppliers are leveraged across entire team.
• Drive all SQE-related activities within new product introduction process to understand design intent and technical requirements and to ensure SQE NPI deliverables are accurate and delivered on time.
• Drive supplier and sub-supplier performance to include identifying and driving supplier process improvements, root cause analysis, and corrective action actions.
• Establish program to identify, monitor, and improve supplier process capabilities for identified CTQs/CTPs to include conducting regular design and drawing reviews with GE and supplier engineering teams.
• Provide technical guidance to suppliers in order to ensure product and process compliance to GE drawings and specifications.
• Drive supplier process change control for the supply base to ensure no defects escape to GE or its customers.
• Work closely with internal GE stakeholders such as Sourcing, Quality, Manufacturing, and Engineering as well as with external stakeholders to eliminate roadblocks and communication barriers that may affect quality and delivery requirements.
• Establish and drive Supplier qualification and surveillance strategy for suppliers based on buy volume, defect history, single/sole source suppliers, and NPI programs and ensure strategy is directly aligned with business priorities and needs.
• Establish and drive key Supplier Quality initiatives across the supply base to include Supplier Dashboards, Cost of Quality & Supplier Recovery and RCA/CA activities.
• Establish and drive Supplier quality review rigor across supply base to include active participation from GE Engineering, Manufacturing, Sourcing, and Quality teams.
Qualifications/Requirements: •Degree in a technical/Engineering subject
•7+ years' experience in Engineering/Quality/Project
•Ability to read technical documents/drawings/specifications
•Strong process/products/project experience on Steam Turbine/Turbo Generator and welding fabrication
•6 Sigma Green/Black Belt
Desired Characteristics: •Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills
•Proactive self-starter and change agent & Ability to work under stress environment
•Cross functional, ability to work on matrix environment, and international team experience
•Excellent written and verbal communication skills
•Effectively communicate across all organizational levels, departments, and functions
•Proven project management and process improvement skills
•Aptitude with analytical tools (ex. Excel, Access); specific skills should include: data-mining, pivot
tables, data manipulation
•Demonstrated technical aptitude and business acumen
•Demonstrated financial acumen and ability to perform cost assessments and analysis
•Ability and willingness to travel as required
•Green Belt / Black Belt Certified (GE employees only)
About Us: GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com Additional Locations: China;BeiJing;Beijing;
Apply on company website