Grand Islander is now hiring for a Weekend DON - 7p Friday to 7a Monday Genesis is one of the nations' leading provider of healthcare services from short-term to long-term care and a wide variety of living options and professional clinical services. We are changing how care is delivered by bringing together people like you -- passionate, highly skilled and motivated to make a difference. In this role, you will be responsible for the overall operations for the nursing center starting a 5 PM on Friday until 7 AM on Monday.
- The Weekend DON will begin weekend responsibilities at 7p on Friday and turn over responsibility to the Director of Nursing at 7a Monday.
- The employee must be present in the center for at least 12 hours per day and accessible by phone for all remaining hours. The hours in the Center will be determined by Center Management based upon the needs of the Center's Residents and Staff.
- While out of the Center and taking calls, The Weekend Unit Manager might be required to return to the Center at any time to manage situations as they arise.
- The Weekend DON will be paid as an Exempt Full Time employee at 24 regular hours per weekend (12 hours per day in direct nursing for reporting purposes) and the remaining time (8 hours per day) on call.
- In the event of the Weekend DON's unexpected absence from work, the time missed on the weekend and the weekend on call time will be paid only if there are PTO hours available.
- The Weekend DON will attend any mandatory Staff training, meetings, or in-services, as determined by Center Management.
- Failure to meet the work commitment of 48 weekends per year will result in a transfer to a regular position, if one is available and at the discretion of the Center Management. If no transfer position is available, the employee may be subject to termination.
Visible leadership position responsible for the delivery of high-quality and cost-effective patient care while achieving positive clinical outcomes, and patient/family and employee satisfaction
Ensure that care delivery is consistent with the mission, vision, values and policies of Genesis HealthCare and in accordance with accepted standards of practice, state and federal regulations and licensing requirements.
Mentor, educate, coach and discipline when necessary nursing team.
Collaborate with physicians and other medical professionals, and serve as a resource to all staff
May also provide direct patient care to maintain current skills.
We provide career paths for our employees and develop them. We invest in YOU!
We are a strong, financially-stable company with industry longevity. Genesis was founded in 1985.
We are committed to operate with integrity.
We foster a work environment that feels like a family and have a culture of compassion. We Care Deeply! Benefits
*Health, Dental, Vision, Company-paid life insurance, 401K, Paid Time Off
*Variable compensation plans
*Inclusive workplace with DEI committee
*Nursing Student Loan Debt Repayment and Tuition Assistance
*Tuition, Travel, and Wireless Service Discounts
*Employee Assistance Program to support mental health
*Employee Foundation to financially assist through unforeseen hardships Restrictions apply based on collective bargaining agreements, applicable state law and factors such as pay classification (full-time, part-time, or casual), job grade, location, and length of service.
Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing. * Associate Degree in Nursing, 3 years of nursing experience. * Diploma, 3 years of nursing experience. * BSN, 2 years nursing experience. Successful nurse leadership experience for a minimum of one year. Current licensure by the State Board of Examiners of Nurses in the Center's state. Must maintain current BLS/CPR certification (All SNFs and Behavioral Centers; ALFs/ILFs as required by State) *To protect the health and safety of our patients, residents, employees, family members, and the communities we serve, Genesis has implemented a universal COVID-19 vaccination requirement for employees, care partners and onsite vendors.Other Info
- Position Type: Full Time
- Pay Target: $90000 - $100000
- Job City: Middletown
- Requisition Number: 462318
Apply on company website