THE CANDIDATE MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH MEDICAL BILLING, KNOWLEDGE OF MEDICARE, MEDICAID, MANAGED MEDICAID AND PRIVATE INSURANCE COMPANIES' BILLING REQUIREMENTS.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Central Billing Office Manager is responsible for the management and coordination of the daily completion of all departmental tasks and revenue cycle goals. The Central Billing Office Manager will be responsible monitoring staff productivity, providing feedback, evaluation and performance management. He/she ensures the Central Billing Office operates in compliance with all internal and external regulations, policies and procedures; participates in budget development and monitoring expenses; hires and trains employees ensuring competency; communicates effectively with all constituents and keeps management informed of issues. The Central Billing Office Manager demonstrates knowledge of systems related to job responsibilities and assigned projects.
- Schedules and manages the work flow of the Central Billing Office ensuring all critical billing timelines and revenue management goals are met.
- Diagnoses and solves issues impacting departmental objectives. Works collaboratively with other internal GRS departments, external agencies and payers to achieve desired results.
- Ensures all GRS policies and quality standards are enforced for all assigned functions in the billing office; ensures strict adherence to all external regulatory requirements and guidelines.
- Hires, and trains new Central Billing Office staff.
- Conducts performance reviews for assigned staff in a timely and professional manner.
- Supports management by responding to and resolving billing issues relating to direct bill sites of service; works with GRS accounting staff as well as regional and corporate management to resolve accounting and transactional issues pertaining to billing.
- Maintains and develops systems to quickly identify potential revenue cycle issues.
- Completes weekly and monthly reports for management.
- Complies with and promotes adherence to applicable legal requirements, standards, policies and procedures including but not limited those within the Compliance Process, Standard/Code of Conduct, Federal False Claims Act and HIPAA.
- Provides leadership and support for the Compliance Process within management area.
- Ensures timely and accurate reporting and responses to compliance-related issues and monitors the implementation of corrective action plans related to such issues.
- Ensures that staff participates in orientation and training programs including but not limited to all required compliance courses and relevant policies and procedures, and that such training is properly documented. Participates in compliance and other required training programs.
- Provides open lines of communication regarding compliance issues within management area and access to the Integrity Line and ensures that retaliation against staff who report suspected incidences of non-compliance does not occur. Promptly reports concerns and suspected incidences of non-compliance to supervisor, Compliance Liaison or to the Compliance Officer via the Integrity Hotline.
- Participates in monitoring and auditing activities and investigations, and implementing quality assurance and performance improvement processes, as required.
- Completes performance reviews and determines compensation and promotions based on the accomplishment of established standards that promote adherence to compliance and quality standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Upholds the GRS Promises;
I will always act with integrity and honesty, and expect others to do the same. I will ensure my actions comply with the standards set forth by our Policies and Procedures Manuals and the Employee Handbook.
I will treat others in the way I would like to be treated. I will appreciate and respect others' beliefs, and I will cherish our diversity.
I will take responsibility for myself in my actions and my quality of work. I will hold others to those same standards.
be actively engaged
I will make a conscious effort to be an active part of our community. I will check email and RehabCentral regularly to keep up-to-date on important information. I will be aware of the numerous resources available to me as an employee.
take pride in my work - my company
I will be proud of the work I've done each and every day. I will always represent my company in a positive, professional manner both inside and outside of work.
I understand that change is a necessary part of life. I will approach change with a positive attitude and will work with my team members to overcome any obstacles associated with change.
I will communicate in an appropriate, professional and timely manner. I will strive to be an active listener by making an effort to hear not just the words another person is saying but, more impor-tantly, understand the total message being conveyed.
strive for excellence
I will continuously work to grow and develop myself as an employee. I will ask for assistance if I need it, and I will be open to receiving feedback from my manager.
I will contribute to a positive work environment where my team members and I enjoy coming to work and celebrating each other's successes.
THE CANDIDATE MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH MEDICAL BILLING, KNOWLEDGE OF MEDICARE, MEDICAID, MANAGED MEDICAID AND PRIVATE INSURANCE COMPANIES' BILLING REQUIREMENT.
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: 1. Bachelors degree or equivalent education and experience required. 2. Minimum of 5 years healthcare experience related to revenue and billing cycle in a Medicare environment required. 3. Previous management experience in a high volume healthcare billing environment preferred. 4. Knowledge of practice management and EMR systems; working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
Position Type: Full Time
Req ID: 315968
Center Name: Genesis Rehab Services
Apply on company website