Clinical Specialist, Cardiothoracic - Dallas, TX or Denver, CO
The Clinical Support Specialist position provides strategic account management, expertise and support with respect to Getinge products in an identified geographical area. The position assists in supporting the sales team, by providing customer training and education on responsible product portfolio including supporting product evaluations. The position supports the sales process and collaborates with the implementation team to ensure successful client outcomes. The position also indirectly sells and promotes company products within the defined geographic territory, by focusing on key accounts and expanding the usage of company products through clinical evaluations, presentations and customer support.
- Serve as a key business partner to clients in the field, by developing and maintaining strong customer relationships.
- Understanding of Business Plan Development
- Develop relationships with hospital personnel (e.g. through casual conversation, meetings, participation in conferences) to make new contacts in other departments within hospital.
- Proactively understand customer needs and when complaints arise regarding products, develops creative and feasible solutions or working with other related personnel (e.g. clinical research, sales and/or marketing) to develop optimal solutions.
- Support the needs of the client, including but not limited to product demonstrations, in-services, case support, product complaints etc In addition, identifying types of cases handled by specific customers by meeting with and asking in-depth questions of physicians and other hospital personnel to learn which Getinge products can best address their specific needs.
- Observe actual procedures within varying departments of hospital accounts to gain insight into the specific nuances of each physician and each member of the clinical staff. Support in-services and staff training on assigned products.
- Ongoing discussion and reviews with local reps to provide input on the needs, issues and suggestions in the development of their business plans, to help the organization achieve its annual sales goals.
- Educate customers on the merits and proper clinical usage of company products by giving presentations and demonstrations using a wide variety of formats and platforms (e.g., slides, transparencies, manuals)
- Establish and maintain a business climate that fosters positive and cooperative working relationships with customers, and all Getinge personnel, resolve problems that may develop to the mutual benefit of the customer and Getinge.
- Comply with all health and safety codes and procedures as mandated by Getinge policies, customer requirements and regulatory agencies.
- Support existing products utilized by customers and support new installations as needed during regular visits with current and potential customers to fulfill revenue and unit growth objectives assigned by company on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated record of success or achievement in clinical positions.
- Solid understanding of specified functional area, and application of business concepts, procedures and practices.
- Capable of managing time and resources within the assigned territory in conjunction with near-term plans to ensure the territory's objectives are achieved.
- Must perform this job in a quality system environment, ensuring compliance with governmental regulations and maintaining honesty, integrity and excellent work ethics.
- Be able to enhance teamwork within the region and maintain a collaborative relationship with all levels of the organization.
- Good Communication skills, organization and computer skills required
Carry out operations within an established budget.
- Must have sound knowledge of a variety of alternatives and their impact on the business, and be able to exercise judgment in selecting innovative and practical methods to achieve problem resolution in the assigned territory.
- Establish and cultivate an extensive network of support to facilitate completion of assignments.
- Participate in the development of less experienced staff by setting an examples, providing guidance and offering counsel.
- Basic to intermediate skills in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook and familiarity with CRM tools.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Bachelor's Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum combined 5 year's applicable clinical experience in a Hospital environment and/or sales support including product education and training required.
- The position requires travel of approximately 50% or more
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Getinge is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply on company website