Ghirardelli Makes Life a Bite Better!
Since 1852, Ghirardelli has created a legacy of creativity that sets our company apart from our competitors. Today, our innovative heritage continues to thrive, as Ghirardelli team members of different backgrounds work together, joined by a common passion: bringing new, delicious ideas to life.
We've made it our priority to offer a supportive, engaging culture where our people feel valued, not simply for the skills they bring to our company, but for who they are as individuals. That's why we make sure that all of our team members, even if you are new to the company, have the opportunity to work on exciting, challenging projects and are given everything they need to do their best work.
So we invite you to explore our opportunities and discover a place where your ideas come to life, as part of our delicious legacy.
The Maintenance Electrician is an employee who performs routine, general electrical and maintenance assignments; needs direction and supervision.
The Maintenance Electrician is responsible for the safe maintenance, service and repair of the machinery and equipment located in the Plant. That responsibility will take the form of specific duties to be performed regularly at specific times, and other duties that may be assigned from time to time. The Maintenance Electrician is responsible for recording activities and observations with regard to the condition of the machinery and equipment in the appropriate record keeper. In addition, it is the responsibility of the Maintenance Electrician to assist the Operator in the performance of his/her job when there are equipment issues.
This position, by ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures and regulatory codes and standards, is responsible for recommending, implementing and managing safety, quality and food safety on all product lines.
Scope of Responsibilities:
The following list of duties is not all inclusive and is meant to serve as a guide for the scope of work to be carried out by the Maintenance Electrician
- Troubleshoot complex control systems consisting of PLCs, VFDs, servos, HMIs, instrumentation devices and communication networks.
- Diagnose source(s) of trouble in operating equipment, and perform proper repair/replacement procedures.
- Properly perform LOTO procedures in isolating and de-energizing equipment and systems that are to be worked on, identify and eliminate or report unsafe conditions in the Plant, and perform all tasks in a safety conscious manner.
- Assist Operator in the operation of equipment when problems arise.
- Upgrade skills and knowledge of Plant systems, equipment, and components as directed or required.
- Electrical aptitude and skill set as evaluated by the Maintenance Manager
Education and Work Experience:
- A minimum of a High School Diploma or GED
- At least 2 years of experience as a Maintenance Electrician
- Works through complexity to get at the root of problems
- Projects how potential ideas will impact key stakeholders
- Thinks through their immediate actions in relation to achievement of the business plan.
- Climbing (Ladder, Stairs, etc.)
- Balancing (own body)
- Stooping (bending from waist)
- Kneeling (one or both knees)
- Crouching (bending at knees)
- Lying down (on back, stomach, or side)
- Reaching (extending arm from shoulder, w/ or w/out bent elbow
- Handling (using whole hand)
- Lifting, seated
- Fingering (Fingers Only)
- Feeling (Texture, temperature, etc.)
- Kicking or pressing with foot or feet
- Work in confined spaces (side to side)
- Work or movement in areas with low clearance
- Work in high places (ladders, roofs, painting, etc.)
- Uneven floor or ground surface
- Work near opening in floor or ground
- Build --Up on floor or ground surfaces
- Near Acuity (clarity of vision at 20 inches or less)
Apply on company website