Since 1852, Ghirardelli has delighted the San Francisco community with quality chocolate so delicious that it is now a worldwide favorite. We've instilled a warm tradition of liveliness, enthusiasm, and care into everything we do which sets our company and our brand apart from our competitors. This has fostered a culture of innovation, and today that heritage continues to thrive as we develop new, delicious premium chocolate ideas to offer in addition to our well-known favorites.
Here at Ghirardelli, we believe that everything is sweeter when people can enjoy a piece of quality chocolate together, and that is why we made it our priority to offer an inclusive, collaborative, and supportive culture. In addition, we encourage every member of our Ghirardelli family to share this belief beyond our four square walls as we all engage and serve our respective communities far and near. Extending from our roots in Ghirardelli Square to reach every far corner of America, through every delicious experience with our Ghirardelli Chocolate, we aim to ensure that Ghirardelli Makes Life a Bite Better. If this aligns with your passion and values, we invite you to explore this opportunity and discover a place where your ideas will come to life and become a part of our delicious legacy.
In this role, you will provide product line leadership for our flagship business to set and achieve short and intermediate-term business goals while establishing a pipeline of long term growth. You will be responsible for accelerating growth of the base product line as well as developing and launching new products. You will gain alignment on a focused, fact based product line strategy consistent with Ghirardelli's brand equity, competitive advantages and profit objectives. This will include planning and executing marketing and commercialization efforts for the business's products to deliver results consistent with financial goals by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates:
- Manage the product line to meet volume, revenue and profit targets
- Originate, develop, evaluate and recommend products and marketing programs that are based on consumer, customer and competitive insights, and consistent with volume, revenue and profit targets. Recommend other changes to the product line (pricing, packaging, channels) as appropriate to improve volume, revenue, or profit delivery.
- Develop product line innovation strategy with a 3-year pipeline focus, exploring areas such as format, packaging, and recipe extensions and adjacencies. Lead cross functional team in new product development process, including establishing product parameters (concept, price, packaging), developing marketing support plans and selling tools, forecasting volume and growth expectations.
- Conduct quantitative analysis on a regular basis from variety of sources -- shipment data, consumption information, and competitive performance -- to track achievement of business results vs. plan and understand key business drivers. This includes monthly reporting as well as ad hoc analysis based on business trends.
- Prepare annual volume, revenue, spending and profit goals; track performance vs plan.
- Prepare and present annual business plan review, portfolio/product line management with financial targets, and marketing plans to executive leadership.
- Lead execution of Marketing Plans with uncompromising focus on supporting the premium equity of Ghirardelli
- Lead development and execution of marketing plans, including trade and consumer promotions, point of purchase materials, and public relations. Present marketing plans to sales organization and customers as required. Coordinate with outside agencies as required.
- Initiate and manage marketing programs to effectively build the business and enhance brand stature including advertising, point of purchase materials, trade and consumer promotions and public relations.
- Lead development of sales materials, point of purchase materials and consumer promotion materials.
- Act as marketing liaison with key accounts to develop proprietary products & programs.
- Conduct research as needed to inform decision making.
- Management and Leadership
- Provide business and team leadership in a fast-paced environment with stretch goals.
- Set individual and team objectives, plan project steps and resources needed, and manage flawless and timely execution.
- Train and develop subordinates for promotion, manage self-development and individual growth plan.
- Marketing experience influencing all elements of the marketing mix (product, positioning, packaging, pricing, promotion and distribution) in high growth environment
- Strong leadership and project management skills in order to manage project timelines and cross-functional teams with excellence in execution and strong attention to details
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with a high degree of independence
- Strategic thinking skills and proven experience generating original ideas
- Strong analytical skills in using data to make sound recommendations affecting business decisions and results
- Strong business knowledge of Ghirardelli's key customers and channels (Wal-Mart, Target, Food and Drug, Club)
- Strong interpersonal skills and executive presence/influence
- Excellent written communication skills and solid presentation skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook)
- MBA Degree preferred plus 5-7 years Brand Management experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a Brand Manager in an FMCG/CPG company
Apply on company website