High volume, fast-paced and fun! Join our Warehouse team in Glacier National Park!
At Glacier National Park Lodges, we depend on our team members to be highly motivated, committed, and competent people who share our vision and work together to attain it, while our work environment encourages responsibility for personal growth and promotes pride in each employee. No matter what your job is, you will be a proud steward of the park. You will play an essential role in providing warm and friendly hospitality to all our guests.
About Glacier National Park:
Glacier National Park encompasses more than 16,000 square miles of largely wilderness area and is known for its seemingly endless acres of rugged and breathtaking landscapes. Glacier National Park was established in 1910 and stands today as a monument to wild natural places.
As part of the Crown of the Continent ecosystem, the park includes 175 named mountains, 762 lakes (130 named lakes), 200+ named waterfalls and 25 named glaciers, as well as 1,000 plant species, and hundreds of animal species.
Just as the landscape and wildlife are part of the heritage of Glacier National Park, so are the historic lodges and classic Red Buses and their drivers known as “Jammers.”
The Xanterra Travel Collection is the authorized Concessioner, so you are not only joining the Glacier National Park team – you are also joining the larger Xanterra Travel Collection family that prides itself on offering a world of unforgettable experiences, to our employees and our guests. We encourage our seasonal employees to transfer between properties and reap all of the benefits & perks that we have to offer. To learn more, please visit www.xanterrra.com/careers.
What You Are Looking For:
- Are you interested in working with Glacier National Park?
- Do you have a positive attitude and solid work ethic?
- Do you thrive in a fast-paced, exciting work environment?
- Are you seeking upward mobility and growth opportunities?
- Are you looking to gain experience in tourism & hospitality operations?
If you answered, “Yes” to these questions, a job in Glacier is ideal for you!
Positions start May 2020 and extend through September. Positions are located at our Warehouse Building in Columbia Falls, MT, right outside of Glacier National Park. You will need to provide your own housing.
- Start Date: May, 2020
- Employment Type: Full Time, Seasonal
- Housing: Must have your own housing or RV
- Schedule: Varies – 40+ hours per week.
- Perks include:
- Free seasonal Glacier National Park pass
- Free Red Bus Tours (as available)
- Exclusive Retail and Dining discounts in Glacier
- The adventure of a lifetime!!
A day in the life of the Warehouse Driver
- Preform pick-ups and deliveries in safe and timely manner.
- Unload product and complete receiving documents for incoming shipments.
- Accurately fill and complete issue documents for out-bound shipments of warehouse inventory.
- Responsible for loading and securing loads to assure safety and minimize product damage.
- As required, transport recycling commodities and equipment park wide and to outside vendors in a safe and timely manner.
- Utilize Xanterra's computer system to create and complete receiving, issue and transfer documents.
- Follow Company and departmental environmental practices, safety practices, and policies and procedures.
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
Our Warehouse Drivers must have the ability to handle workload effectively while paying close attention to detail and prioritizing workload, and to deal with multiple tasks while using good judgment. Warehouse Driver will have experience in driving and operating Commercial Box Trucks. This position must have good organizational and computer skills, the ability to follow instructions and procedures, and effective written and oral communication skills. The ideal candidate will have experience working in an inventory/warehouse environment and have a basic understanding of inventory/warehouse procedures.
- Ability to operate forklifts, and pallet jacks in a safe and competent manner.
- Must be capable of lifting, bending, and standing throughout a 10-hour shift.
- Ability to safely lift or move 100 pounds and unload deliveries of heavy items with or without assistance.
- Must be capable to walk while pushing and pulling on uneven surfaces.
- Must be able to work in subzero weather for a short period of time.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Apply on company website