Summary:The Director of Software Quality Assurance leads a team of software testers and automation engineers to ensure that AdvancedMD products meet well-defined standards of quality. The role reports directly to the CTO and is empowered to establish the required thresholds that software must meet in order to be released.
Qualified candidates for this position have lived and breathed QA for the last 10+ years. They've read the books, attended the conferences, and used their knowledge and passion to inspire teams and innovate. They recognize that QA is both a science and an art and is a distinct professional discipline that requires continuous learning and training. Their love and enthusiasm for quality assurance is contagious. They understand that “quality” includes performance, scalability, maintainability, reliability, usability and security.
The Director of Software Quality Assurance will be responsible for dramatically expanding the percentage of AdvancedMD's product suite that is covered by automated tests. This will require enhancements to our automation tools and training of the software testers.
· Leads a team of software testers and automation engineers
· Drives the QA vision for the company
· Ensures that testers and automation engineers are trained in QA best practices and security testing methodologies
· Participates in design and execution of all testing of software, including “bug bashes” that involve developers, product owners, and employees in other departments of the company
· Helps the Technology Department leadership team to continuously improve SDLC processes and procedures
· Involved in beta testing and limited availability releases
· Develops an expert level of knowledge of AdvancedMD's core productsSCOPE OF ROLE
· Reports to the Chief Technology Officer
· Assumes control of all areas of responsibility for testing of the AdvancedMD software product suite
· Responsible for recruiting, motivating, and retaining top talent
· Acts as a member of the Technology Department leadership team, helping to drive the overall vision of the department
· Leads a team of software testers and automation engineers and helps them grow their careers
· Communicates effectively with department leaders and corporate leadership
· Presents on the status of projects to senior management
· Empowered to deal with critical issues related to product quality without directionPRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES
· To ensure that software is not released to production until a well-defined suite of test cases has been executed and recorded
· To ensure that quality thresholds have been defined to determine whether new code is ready to be released to production
· To “raise the red flag” if there are quality issues in a candidate release that don't meet established thresholds
· To train software testers to utilize industry best practices and AdvancedMD-specific best practices
· To ensure that the automation engineers create automated testing tools that can be leveraged by the software testers
· To ensure that software testers are adequately trained to use automation tools provided by the automation engineersKNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· 10+ years of quality assurance experience
· Demonstrable leadership and team management skills, with 5+ years managing QA teams, including QA automation
· Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, engineering or a related field or equivalent mix of education and experience required
· Healthcare IT experience strongly preferred
· Ability to build strong collaborative relationships with leaders in various departments
· Excellent analytical skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strength in managing to metrics and operational execution
· Expertise in conflict resolution
· Proficiency using software testing and QA automation tools like Selenium (preferred), Visual Studio (preferred), Katalon Studio, WebLOAD, NeoLoad, LoadRunner, Rational, Postman, etc.
· Working knowledge of common browsers, network protocols, operating systems, and programming languages
· Working knowledge of OWASP Top 10, and techniques to test for vulnerabilities strongly preferred
Global Payments Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Global Payments provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
Apply on company website