Summary:The role of the Training Specialist is responsible for designing, developing, implementing, and maintaining training courses and programs to support company-wide initiatives and projects. Outputs include e-learning, video, interactive pdf, webinars and text-based materials. This role will be responsible for staying current with trends and digital delivery methods to keep School Solutions materials and systems relevant and efficient. The successful candidate will also coordinate operational projects as required by the department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, develop and implement blended training programs within the organization.
- eLearning courses, training videos, assessments, job aids, implementation guides, operations manuals, regional workshop presentations, Participant Guides and Facilitator Guides
- Identify training needs by evaluating strengths and weaknesses.
- Translate requirements into trainings that will groom employees for the next step of their career path.
- Build annual training program and prepare teaching plans.
- Develop or oversee the production of classroom handouts, instructional materials, aids and manuals.
- Direct structured learning experiences and monitor their quality results.
- Acclimate new hires to the business and conduct orientation sessions.
- Deliver training courses.
- Assess training effectiveness to ensure incorporation of taught skills and techniques into employees work behavior.
- Periodically evaluate ongoing programs to ensure that they reflect any changes.
- Stay abreast of the new trends and tools in employee development.
- Travel as may be required to perform essential training, coaching, and conferences (up to 20%).
Experience, Education and Licensure
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent or two to four years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Planning, directing, organizing project work as required.
- Proven experience in designing multiple training events in a corporate setting
- Extensive knowledge of instructional design theory and learning principles
- Selecting or developing training aids including training handbooks, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids, computer tutorials, and reference works
- Proven ability to master the full training cycle
- Adequate knowledge of learning management software
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods, tools and techniques
- Familiarity with talent management and succession planning
- Ability to conduct cost-benefit analysis and calculate training ROI
- Sound decision making and organizational skills
- Ability to present group and individual instruction and training to all levels of the organization.
- Proficiency in MS Office and in database software
Global Payments Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Global Payments provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
Apply on company website