This is a seasonal position starting November 7th, 2019, ending approximately January 05, 2020. This is a skilled level Cook position responsible for preparing and producing batch buffet, banquet menu, and special function menu items to standards.
- Fully understand and support Xanterra Mission Statement and Core Values.
- Perform all job duties in accordance to County Health Code, the Property Employee Handbook, Department policies, procedures and its Food Safety Management System.
- Trains basic cooking techniques to lower level Cook grades.
- Promote and participate in accurate and thorough compliance of the Food Safety Management System; including but not exclusive to its Standard Operating Procedures.
- Produces items to standard following menu recipe(s) for set menu and banquet items.
- Prepare batch, banquet menu, and all other menu items to correct portions, presentation and proper temperature. Follow prep guidelines to limit over production, and ensure quality control of all items prepped and/or cooked.
- Set up and break down work stations and production areas according to assigned shift duties.
- Maintain proper food sanitation standards throughout all areas and steps of food production.
- Works any station in the prep area or in the kitchen as assigned by the Manager on Duty.
- Communicate with Manager on Duty regarding production problems, (i.e. “86'd” items or items dragging).
- Works in a safe manner, practicing risk management worker safety in knife handling, equipment operation, lifting, working with open flame and all other areas of food production at all times.
- Use proper product rotation of perishable items practicing first in first out (FIFO) method of use.
- Maintain professional communication with front of the house staff and co-workers.
- Adhere to company required environmental policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Thorough knowledge and experience with all stations and equipment in all department kitchens including batch production, prep, pantry and dish. Usually acquired through at least two years previous cooking experience in a high volume ala carte or batch production setting.
- Knowledge of food sanitation regulations with ability to apply these regulations while on the job.
- Bilingual (English/ Spanish) skills are desired to effectively communicate with all staff.
- Verbal comprehension (Understand oral and written communications, follow detailed directions).
- Communication skills (provide clear instructions/directions)
- Reasoning skills (problem solving and troubleshooting skills)
- Basic math skills
- Work safely to prevent on the job accidents and injuries.
- Work in inclement kitchen conditions. (heat, steam, cold, chemicals)
- Work safely to ensure company equipment is secure.
- Wear protective equipment as required by the job duties.
- Complete required food safety courses and certifications.
- Work hours may include a nonstandard workweek, overtime, and various shift work as needed.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
- Constantly standing, walking, twisting, using eye/hand coordination, manual dexterity, handling, wrist motion, bending/ stooping.Frequently carrying, bending, stooping, lifting, pushing, and pulling items weighing up to 40lbs.
- Occasionally carrying, bending, stooping, lifting, pushing, and pulling items weighing up to 100lbs.
- Constantly listening, hearing, seeing, and speaking.
- Will be required to stand and walk for long periods of time on cement floors and to occasionally walk on uneven surfaces.
- Static Strength-The ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull or carry objects.
- Trunk Strength-The ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without giving our or fatiguing.
Apply on company website