This is a seasonal position starting November 7th, 2019, ending approximately January 05, 2020. The Cook 3 is a seasonal position responsible for preparing menu/recipe items to Grand Canyon Railway standards and specifications while always maintaining a clean, safe and sanitary work environment. Cook 3 is a mid level skilled postiion.
- Fully understand and support Xanterra Mission Statement and Core Values.
- Perform all job duties in accordance to County Health Code, the Property Employee Handbook, Department policies, procedures and its Food Safety Management System.
- Promote and participate in accurate and thorough compliance of the Food Safety Management System; including but not exclusive to its Standard Operating Procedures.
- Prepare menu/recipe items to Grand Canyon Railway standards and specifications by always following the recipe manual. Maintain a clean safe and sanitary work area
- Perform all daily cleaning assignments on Kitchen Cleaning Schedule and Prep Cook Closing Check List.
- Understands and adheres to Grand Depot Café's standards and practices including; proper hand washing and follows all sanitation policies in regard to personal hygiene, grooming and Company uniform standards. Properly wear gloves as required.
- Utilize and adhere to all systems such as buffet prep sheets, pull list and waste sheets.
- Establish production amounts based on count forecasts and production quantity guidelines, in an effort to reduce waste.
- Thoroughly complete all assigned food preparation and side work duties in a timely manner.
- Properly use, clean and maintain cooking equipment.
- Maintain proper food sanitation standards throughout all areas and steps of food production.
- Date and rotate all prepped food according to procedures and follow the proper first in first out (FIFO) rotation standard for stored foods.
- Keep prep area swept, mopped and free of slip and trip hazards, keep shelving and storage areas clean and organized.
- Works in a safe manner, practicing risk management worker safety in knife handling, equipment operation, lifting, working with open flame and all other areas of food production at all times.
- Assist dishwashers with cleaning kitchen equipment.
- Assist in stocking and storage of food as requested by supervisor.
- Notify supervisor of any problems needing immediate attention.
- Maintains flexibility to work days, evenings, weekends, holidays and overtime as scheduled.
- Understand chemical storage, handling and refill procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Previous cooking experience in a high volume a la carte or batch production setting with strong knowledge of food sanitation regulations.
- Thorough knowledge of all kitchen stations including batch, prep, pantry and dish.
- Bilingual (English/ Spanish) skills are desired to effectively communicate with all staff.
- Verbal comprehension (Understand oral and written communications, follow detailed directions).
- Communication skills (provide clear instructions/directions)
- Reasoning skills (problem solving and troubleshooting skills)
- Basic math skills
- Work safely to prevent on the job accidents and injuries.
- Work in all inclement weather conditions.
- Work safely to ensure company equipment is secure.
- Wear protective equipment as required by the job duties.
- Complete required food safety courses and certifications.
- Work hours may include a nonstandard workweek, overtime, and various shift work as needed.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
- Constantly standing, walking, twisting, using eye/hand coordination, manual dexterity, handling, wrist motion, bending/ stooping.
- Frequently carrying, bending, stooping, lifting, pushing, and pulling items weighing up to 40lbs.
- Occasionally carrying, bending, stooping, lifting, pushing, and pulling items weighing up to 100lbs.
- Constantly listening, hearing, seeing, and speaking.
- Will be required to stand and walk for long periods of time on cement floors and to occasionally walk on uneven surfaces.
- Static Strength-The ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull or carry objects.
- Trunk Strength-The ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without giving our or fatiguing.
Apply on company website